Getting a letter and using it

I'm making a system where when a player connects, that players name, specifically the first name, is retrieved. It is then used to load some shit, like that player's info. However, I dont want to have to specify EVERY letter. For example,

pawn Код:
public OnPlayerConnect(playerid)
{
  new name[MAX_PLAYER_NAME],firstletter[2];
  GetPlayerName(playerid,name,sizeof(name));
  strmid(firstletter,name,0,1,sizeof(firstletter));
  switch(firstletter[0])
  {
     case 'a', 'A', 'b', 'B': print("example")
     case 'c', 'C', 'd', 'D': print("well, yeah")
  }
  return 1;
}
Cept not have to type EVERY letter. Any help?

it would make more sense if your save the ip of the players and then when a player connects if checks if the user file exists and if the 2 ips equal it logs them in automatically,
if its a autologin your making, if its not i understood wrong :[

Well, people might log onto different computers to play SARP, use proxies for who knows why, etc.

Superbump

it wouldnt log them on though becuase it would compare the ip's first.

if your method is for a autologin it would be much less secure

I'll give you a hint. A-I, J-S, R-Z, dini, player info.

bumper cars

It's not clear exactly what u want. Why dont you have a look at some admin scripts if you simply want to load a player's file.
Or if you wanted to get only the player's first name for other purposes then have a look at this 'split' function by Norn: http://forum.sa-mp.com/index.php?top...5947#msg505947

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B2K
Hustler ]
It's not clear exactly what u want. Why dont you have a look at some admin scripts if you simply want to load a player's file.
Or if you wanted to get only the player's first name for other purposes then have a look at this 'split' function by Norn: http://forum.sa-mp.com/index.php?top...5947#msg505947
Well, thanks, but I've just solved my problem.