Problems with new PC

Alright, yesterday I built myself my new PC, pluggined the graphics card, memory, harddrive etc.

EVERYTHING is plugged in to the motherboard and is forseen with power.

Aight, I tried to boot the PC, everything gets forseen with power and all of my fans start up and start running. But now, on the screen, nothing is shown (it should show like the motherboards name and stuff and give me permission to enter BIOS, right?) the screen just tells me "No signal, check your cables" But the fan on the graphics card is running, the little light thing on the motherboard is on. And also my dvd drive isnt working

Can anyone help?

PC Specs:

Motherboard: Asus P5KPL-AM EPU
RAM: 2x Kingston HyperX PC8500 DDR2 2gb each
GPU: Gainward 9800 GT 1024 mb DDR3

Want more info bout the PC, just tell me.

Are you sure you plugged in monitor? If yes, plug it in again or try to clean pin'es.

No signal is your monitor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ! Karlip
No signal is your monitor.
Not always. My computer had this problem, put it into my dad's desktop it worked, but it woulden't work on my computer. Week later, my computer went boom. But the reason you got no signal could be a loose connection, maybe.

Do you think you have enough PSU? Because, I had the same problem 2 days ago. It showed me the logo (Intel) and some screens and then "Check your signal cable". I knew it was PSU and changed it to 400V and it's working.

Good Luck.

I don't think its his PSU or GPU. The problem is he hasn't configured the card into the BIOS. Set your card as the default display and then carry on from there. That is why it sends you to the setup.

Also, are you trying to SLI your cards?

E: nvmd, looked at specs on the board, only 1 PCI-E 2.0 slot.

Anywho, you might have either
A - Not connected the wire/pushed the GPU into the slot properly.
B - Configured the card into the BIOS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTails
I don't think its his PSU or GPU. The problem is he hasn't configured the card into the BIOS. Set your card as the default display and then carry on from there. That is why it sends you to the setup.

Errr, most of the cards are automatically set to default display. No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafay
Quote:

No. That is only if you have an integrated card.

if you have an onboard GFX card, try using that :P the drivers might not be installed for the extra GFX card (i had to do this to mine when i built it)

EDIT: if your power suppply powerful enough to run it all? cause i got a 1GB GFX card and that needs like a 600 Watt power supply, idk what your is but it might be not powerful enough

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafay
Quote:

No. That is only if you have an integrated card.
Well, it never happened to me. Maybe he can try installing the Integrated card first and then the graphic card?