Need some ideas :)

hey i wana code a new server but i need some ideas so post them here, c'mon be as imaginitave as you like

Well is it a Rp server or a DM server ?

First, tell us more about your project, what type is it?

well i would like to create a new server, but i want to create something new that hasent been done before but i dont want it too complex as i am not a brilliant coder but i can find my way :P

Well first,don't forget that this topic will read over 100 people, you think they won't do the same if somebody says a good idea..?!
Ideas are only thing that people can't stole.Ideas are expensive,scrtips/maps..etc can be stolen.
I suggest you to try searching for a good friend who want's to help you with ideas and add him on msn/xfire or what ever u have..
I hope I helped you with ideas

Ecko

It's hard to script something unique and interesting, if you're not very good at scripting yet.
And dude, people will see it, and make it. So no more unique thingy on your server..Explain more about your plans and then try to get a scripter which can help..

Learning on the job is the easiest way to learn, so saying "It's hard to script something unique and interesting, if you're not very good at scripting yet." Is kind of not true. Yes he could get stuck here and there, but there is a lot of helpers on this forum to help him with bits and bobs he gets stuck on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .::: [E
Ecko :::. ]
Ideas are only thing that people can't stole.
Really? I would disagree.

on topic:
If you want to make something that no one has made before, I think you should "upgrade" your scripting skills a bit .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarkien
Quote:

on topic:
If you want to make something that no one has made before, I think you should "upgrade" your scripting skills a bit .
Read what I posted above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarkien
Quote:

on topic:
Read what I posted above.

Whatever.
Some people have to hear those word over and over again.