What do you expect in an RPG?

Well, a few friends of mine and I have been wondering what the SA:MP community would expect in a roleplay server, if you don't know what roleplay is, it's when you go onto a server and you act how you would in real life, doing jobs and living life basically.

I'm running a roleplay server right now, and our publicity isn't that great, even though on the hosted tab we are not getting any players at all which is typical for the internet list, but on the hosted all the other roleplay servers have got decent amounts of players in them. Ours still remains empty.

Well, what makes those players join the server, is it the hostname? Great advertising? I'd like to hear from the SA:MP community so I can really know how to get the amount of publicity expected.

Thanks.

Ive seen that Name counts alot, because wen i open SAMP i see servers with names full of symbols n stuff, with a good amount of people on them (Not my opinion this is just something i noticed)

But on my opinion a good advertising would be good for your server reputation

(Sorry i don't know much english terms for some words, so my sentences can be confuse sometimes)

Alright, I don't think so myself.

Any more suggestions?

1. Good advertisment (server info, admins, factions...)
2. Awesome specifications (like changing car plates and other great functions)
3. Fair & helpful administrators

That would be all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Jackal
1. Good advertisment (server info, admins, factions...)
2. Awesome specifications (like changing car plates and other great functions)
3. Fair & helpful administrators

That would be all...
You forgot...
4. Non-Abusive administrators

Ah well our administration isn't that, well.. professional. It's only like that because everybody uses the out of character chat for everything, turning it off helps for around 10 minutes until everybody leaves due to a break down in communication.

Advertising we haven't really tried yet. I'd rather not here, but it's in my signature if you want to have a peep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [XG
Lj ]
Ah well our administration isn't that, well.. professional. It's only like that because everybody uses the out of character chat for everything, turning it off helps for around 10 minutes until everybody leaves due to a break down in communication.

Advertising we haven't really tried yet. I'd rather not here, but it's in my signature if you want to have a peep.
Yes, but i was speaking in general, not about your server/your staff

Another thing important that i forgot to mention, allow any nickname on your server because the "FirstName_LastName" thinguie is used by most of RPG servers, and thats boring for those who use same nickname everywere

-----------Sorry for the Double Post-------------------

Looks a bit bad for the atmosphere overall if you don't use proper names. But, thank you anyway.

Many people likes a server with a good advertisment.
For example, make movies/trailers to your advertisment.
Make new things as people never see on other RP servers, like seif's server. There's many new things, he did also take time for it all, and that's what people expect from you too.