Router problem

Ok, when I try and run a source, it runs fine, but as soon as I try and connect to it, I get a server timeout message.
I host my server on my laptop, and try and connect via Hamachi, but I have also tried to conect via my IP (after portforwarding) and that doesn't work.

I think it may be the source, but I need a new one anyway as I have not got one at the moment. So any suggestions on both these?

By source, i assume you mean the SA:MP Server? What IP are you connecting to the server with? Are the server and client on the laptop?

Look , i got some things to say hamachi is not a good network program, It mostly takes over youre network A lot. Easiest way is to open youre ports by youreself. Using youre static ip "ipconfig" in cmd.
Then you have to probaly open TCP UDP in youre firewall, if you use windows go into control panel, then Windows Firewall .Ports something and add a port named "Sampserver" then youre server port and ticket UDP , then make a new open port in the firewall called sampserver2 and youre server port and ticket TCP , should work. If not try disable youre router firewall. Or look for a guide on ****** about portforwarding,