[How to] Downgrade GTA San Andreas to 1.0 (Steam)

How to Downgrade steam version of GTA San Andreas to V1.0 for Steam user

Works With
- NewSteam r2 (including German) (12/9/14)
- Retail Second Edition (2.0) US

Part 1: The Download
Well, I see you've clicked on this. Thank you. Now, moving on to the download page. Here's the link. http://gtaforums.com/topic/753764-sa...as-downgrader/
Just scroll down a bit to find the Stub Version and the Full Package. Download the full package by clicking the RockstarNexus in yellow. It will show a blank page and a box shall pop up asking if you would like to save or run. You choose on that one.

Part 2: Running The Downgrader
Congrats on following part 1, now it's part 2 time. Once the downgrader is in your PC, run it. (Well, I save my stuff. You probably run it instantly.) A box will show up with legal stuff. Click "Yes" to get into the meat of the exec, which is the downgrader (and the mods). But before you can do that, you will have to update the downgrader by clicking "Yes" on the box that pops up. If you do, you will need to wait some seconds before the updated version appears. Just continue on like before, except for the update part.
Now, you're in the meaty part of it. It shall find your game automatically. If not, browse in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
Once it's found, just click "Downgrade" to start downgrading.

Part 3: The Optional Part
Good, it's downgraded to 1.0. If you want to, you can click on the boxes above the "Downgrade" button. Those are mods. Click any one of them to add into your game. If you don't want a wide screen, tick the box with the writing next to it saying "13AG+Wesser's Widescreen Fixes". Also, you can choose between Multi Theft Auto (Which does not use the widescreen fix and SkyGFX, or any mods, for that matter.) or San Andreas Multiplayer (Which does use the widescreen fix and SkyGFX, but if you are using SkyGFX, don't forget to download SA-MP Graphic Restore to fix invisible floors.). Once you've chosen, click the button with the writing "Install Mods Without Patching".

Part 4: The End (and a little note that will make you happy)
Enjoy the downgraded version of San Andreas, I hope this guide helped. If you lads experience black screen while playing, go to your game directory, which is this C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto San Andreas and click both gta-sa.exe files seperately and run them in Windows XP (Service Pack 3) Compatibility Mode.

Known Issues:

I'm Crashing!
Try the following:

Deleting your gtasa.set file in "Documents/GTA San Andreas User Files" (Or use the "Delete gta-sa.set" option in the Tools menu)
Removing any modifications.
Remove any saved games from previous versions of the game (if this fixes it, read the topic again more carefully)
Delete the game from Steam, re-download it and then reapply the downgrader.
Still crashing? Check your computer setup for sh*tty programs and/or configuration. People have a tendency to blame the game/developers before checking their own crappy setup that's likely causing the issue.

OMG I HAVE TWO EXES
This is on purpose for compatibility reasons - they are both the exact same. The Steam release of San Andreas changed the EXE name - so Steam looks for gta-sa.exe when it attempts to launch San Andreas. Mods on the other hand look for gta_sa.exe as this was the original retail EXE name.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZVuYZrtHWo

Or you can manually download the 1.0 .exe
But anyway, great thread!

Note: This downgrader is not support V1.01 (USA and EU version) from above.