Completely stuck

Hi,

So I have hosting with PHP/MySQL and it all runs fine. But, how can I actually execute sa-mp-server.exe on the webspace server so that I don't have to leave my computer on to run the server 24/7?

I'm using www.free-host.net by the way.

Thanks.

You cannot run a SA-MP server from webspace. You must have access to a full dedicated server, or a VPS/Shell server. If you don't have access to one of them, have a look at the List of Server Hosts topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJ
You cannot run a SA-MP server from webspace. You must have access to a full dedicated server, or a VPS/Shell server. If you don't have access to one of them, have a look at the List of Server Hosts topic.
Ah ok thanks for the help. Dam that means I may have to pay for something that I'm only doing as learning/testing I never actually plan on running a proper server any time soon :P

Oh well, I guess I can still run a UCP off webspace + run the MySQL from it? (Changing the script to "serverip" rather than localhost?

I'm only trying to do that because if I try and run a UCP online whilst running the MySQL off my computer it doesn't work.

Thanks again for the help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by javind0
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJ
Ah ok thanks for the help. Dam that means I may have to pay for something that I'm only doing as learning/testing I never actually plan on running a proper server any time soon :P

Oh well, I guess I can still run a UCP off webspace + run the MySQL from it? (Changing the script to "serverip" rather than localhost?

I'm only trying to do that because if I try and run a UCP online whilst running the MySQL off my computer it doesn't work.

Thanks again for the help.
You should be able to as long as your webhost does not block inbound MySQL connections.