Expand SSD (C:) storage with HDD

Hi!

Are there anyway I can use my HDD to my SSD (C so it's expands the storage?.
Because my SSD is almost alredy filled and I have almost nothing on it.

Because I have more things that needs to be installed into C: .

(First time owning a SSD).

I don't think you can expand an SSD's storage with a regular HDD, I'm definitely sure they are very different lol. What you can do is connect your HDD and use it as another storage drive then move files from your SSD to that HDD. I did that and modified some registry keys so that installation paths switch to the regular HDD - there's a tutorial on tomshardware.

Btw.

PC Questions Thread = https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=128437

What youre asking for is a SSHD? Nope you cant "simulate" that, combining two disks to a single virtual one isnt possible, at least without erasing all data from them.
What you usually do is to have as few data as possible on the SSD. Sure, its fast, but it also has a very limited lifetime/limited number of write/read cycles.
In the best case you only got the OS on the SSD. Most programs and games wont profit from the faster reading speeds. Only install your most used software on the SSD, and stuff that needs to load fast. Streaming games only, making a game start 10 seconds faster isnt worth SSD wear-out.

Having stuff like music or videos on a SSD is a real waste of money.

Now when I think about it sounds pretty stupid my question.

Btw another question but maybe a bit silly though. But it works to install programs on antother HDD that aren't the C: ? Right?.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davve95
View Post
Now when I think about it sounds pretty stupid my question.

Btw another question but maybe a bit silly though. But it works to install programs on antother HDD that aren't the C: ? Right?.
Of course.

Source: I do it.