[Plugin] linearMath

linearMath

Introduction

Linear mathematics plugin for sa-mp. This plugin is based upon Bullet's LinearMath library, to provide fast and efficient vector as well as quaternion math calculations. It completely utilizes, Single Instruction, Multiple Data (SIMD) method of parallel computing which makes it fast as well as efficient.

Functions

Code:
//vectors
native  AddVectors(Float:x1, Float:y1, Float:z1, Float:x2, Float:y2, Float:z2, &Float:x, &Float:y, &Float:z);
native  Float:DotProduct(Float:x1, Float:y1, Float:z1, Float:x2, Float:y2, Float:z2);
native  CrossProduct(Float:x1, Float:y1, Float:z1, Float:x2, Float:y2, Float:z2, &Float:x, &Float:y, &Float:z);
native  Float:GetVectorAngle(Float:x1, Float:y1, Float:z1, Float:x2, Float:y2, Float:z2);
native  Float:GetDistance(Float:x1, Float:y1, Float:z1, Float:x2, Float:y2, Float:z2);
native  Float:GetMagnitude(Float:x, Float:y, Float:z);
native  GetNormalized(Float:x, Float:y, Float:z , &Float:nx, &Float:ny, &Float:nz);
native  GetClosestAxis(Float:x, Float:y, Float:z);
native  GetFurthestAxis(Float:x, Float:y, Float:z);
native  RotateVector(Float:x, Float:y, Float:z, Float:ax, Float:ay, Float:az, Float:angle, &Float:rx, &Float:ry, &Float:rz);
native  GetReflectedVector(Float:x, Float:y, Float:z, Float:nx, Float:ny, Float:nz, &Float:rx, &Float:ry, &Float:rz);

//quaternions
native  Float:GetQuaternionAngle(Float:x, Float:y, Float:z, Float:w);
native  GetAxisOfRotation(Float:x, Float:y, Float:z, Float:w, &Float:x1, &Float:y1, &Float:z1);
native  Float:DotProductQuaternion(Float:x1, Float:y1, Float:z1, Float:w1, Float:x2, Float:y2, Float:z2, Float:w2);
native  Float:GetQuaternionMagnitude(Float:x, Float:y, Float:z, Float:w);
native  Float:GetInverseQuaternion(Float:x, Float:y, Float:z, Float:w, &Float:ix, &Float:iy, &Float:iz, &Float:iw);
Documentation and Download

https://github.com/codectile/linearMath

Note: Now there is a support for Linux systems. But the .so library won't be updated, to use the updated library, compile it your favorable OS.

Could you give me an example, where I could use this? Because I think you don't need these kind of math plugins to create a good server.

@iWhite: If you cannot find any use of this, that's good but that does not means that other community members will not find it useful .

The code in "core.cpp" could have been written inside "linear.cpp", because you do not need to declare functions to use them just once.
Also some functions and declarations/definitions from "core.h" can be then written inside "linear.cpp", so you would only have left "#include <header file>"s there. By the way there is no "./LinearMath/" path in your repository.

@BigETI: I forgot to mention that I am quite new to c/c++ as well as plugin development. I'll look into this.

EDIT: Cleaned up.

well, it can be used to script speed boost? tho there's already ways...but this can be with direction?

ill check this out at night...
m studying, sneaked out here :3

@[ND]xXZeusXx.: If you want to script a speed boost feature then you are good to go. The main purpose of this plugin is to provide fast and efficient mathematical calculations by making use of parallel computing.

Nice use of the bullet library, I think you should continue porting bullet functions in this plugin. Bullet physics has so many uses that could be VERY helpful in SA-MP development. This 'linearMath' plugin alone is plentiful for many things yes, and I am not complaining. I'd like to see some physics calculations added to this such as trajectory path function, reflections, and more. Bullet physics is meant for these type of uses!

I already thought of it. But, it will not be implemented into this plugin.

Linux version; look attachment.
Also requested merge pull.

Thank you.

This looks like a promising plugin; I'll have a closer look and test it out on my server for some race stuff
Thumbs up for you! ^^

Cool Bro