People Scaming People's Severs

Right im really fed up with ppl scaming ppl and i have asked if you guys who can banned ppl from samp do me somthin this sever scamed my friend and i really want the sever to be shut down and the guy to be banned from samp the sever got shut down once but he make it again this is the IP.

IP: 83.226.177.83:7777

it would be very helpful if yu did this please.

SA-MP can't blacklist a server for doing something that made just YOU personally unhappy.
Plus you have no evidence for a start.

I agree with this coutanche7 tbh.

(Only if he has proof)

How about explaining what actually happened?

right this guy is called mogge im sure thats his name but i had his msn and he said he was going to scam this server and i went on the real server and the owner said to the admins and me "mogge has scamed us and blackmaled me" so i got frustrated with this and so i had to come on sa-mp.com and tell you guys te realip is here 85.17.223.2:8888 and the fake is here 83.226.177.83:7777

they have the same name the same amount of players same everything.

so take a look

Your beating him x10, i wouldn't worry about it too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluxxy
Your beating him x10, i wouldn't worry about it too much.
Exactly. You have the better server, people know it...he'll get bored and move onto something else.

ok guys thx

it wasent coutanche7's server...but i think he knew the original owner...im not actually sure...

Just piss the faker off.

How can someone "scam" your server? Unless you are actually dumb enough to give him details, it's not very easy to "scam" someones server. First thing you should do, is change all your passwords etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ettans
How can someone "scam" your server? Unless you are actually dumb enough to give him details, it's not very easy to "scam" someones server. First thing you should do, is change all your passwords etc.
He wouldn't need to change his passwords if he hasn't gave them yet.

He isn't even talking about it that way, he is talking about other people stealing server names i believe.

Same problem with mine server. The people are advertiseing their servers, flooding mine server all the time and other stuff... And they come to my server just to stole some ideas...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dujma
Same problem with mine server. The people are advertiseing their servers, flooding mine server all the time and other stuff... And they come to my server just to stole some ideas...
"You can steal code, you can't steal ideas."

Not my quote but it's somewhere around here. :P It is pretty lame though when people do that. But they normally don't do it as good as you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by backwardsman97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dujma
Not my quote but it's somewhere around here.
http://forum.sa-mp.com/index.php?topic=63519.0

this isnt my server its my m8s

moggeh is a dick. pushes people about .

but to be honest i left his server.

I didnt see this thread until now.
I am the owner of the server Italian American Mafia RP, this happend in the early days of the server, this guy came in, offered free hosting 150 slot server + ventrilo hosting. I was naive and thinked this will be good for the server. We made deal, since i didnt know this guy very well, i offered him level 2 admin status in the begining, he accepted. But after some days, he found out that it wasnt good enough, he demanded higher admin level. I didnt accept that, so what happend is that he banned me and my admins from server, took it like it was his own server - created account and pretended to be me on the server he hosted.
I dont give into blackmail so i left this and continue my work on old serverffs host.
Good thing is that i didnt give away sourcecode, but i was aware about deAMX.
It left him with an old bugged version of my gamemode and i continue developing on my own.
After sometime i found a vulenrable part of my script which made me able to lock the server, after i that i havent seen my gamemode running anywhere else..
Me and the guy who did this has talked this over now, put it in the past and moved on.
What i had to learn the hard way is; with free hosts, there's allways a catch. If you dont give into the demands given, the mice leaves and takes the cheese for itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie
I didnt see this thread until now.
I am the owner of the server Italian American Mafia RP, this happend in the early days of the server, this guy came in, offered free hosting 150 slot server + ventrilo hosting. I was naive and thinked this will be good for the server. We made deal, since i didnt know this guy very well, i offered him level 2 admin status in the begining, he accepted. But after some days, he found out that it wasnt good enough, he demanded higher admin level. I didnt accept that, so what happend is that he banned me and my admins from server, took it like it was his own server - created account and pretended to be me on the server he hosted.
I dont give into blackmail so i left this and continue my work on old serverffs host.
Good thing is that i didnt give away sourcecode, but i was aware about deAMX.
It left him with an old bugged version of my gamemode and i continue developing on my own.
After sometime i found a vulenrable part of my script which made me able to lock the server, after i that i havent seen my gamemode running anywhere else..
Me and the guy who did this has talked this over now, put it in the past and moved on.
What i had to learn the hard way is; with free hosts, there's allways a catch. If you dont give into the demands given, the mice leaves and takes the cheese for itself.
well im glad you managed to sort it out.

still i wouldent trust him.

and the reasn he dont use your gamemode is cause hes got his own scripter. nd his new and own gm.