Graphical Flicker

Every once in a while, while I'm driving around, my games screen will flicker with sometimes textures or just blackness, but it isn't a persistent thing and I have no clue what is causing it. It's been doing this for a while and I thought I fixed it a while back but it came back and it is becoming worse and worse. If anyone has had a issue like this and solved it please tell me how and I will love you forever.

As a matter in fact, I'll have to +1 on this. I thought it was my GPU issue, but no it only seems to appear in SA-MP but not on MTA or GTA SA Singleplayer.

If you have a AMD video card downgrade to the driver version 14.4, versions newer than that have problems with older games including San Andreas.

Ah... I don't have AMD, mine's a intel integrated, perhaps this could have something to do with it? The card was made in 2013 and is fairly recently updated.

I myself have a GeForce 9800GT not AMD.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwirlyD
View Post
Ah... I don't have AMD, mine's a intel integrated, perhaps this could have something to do with it? The card was made in 2013 and is fairly recently updated.
Intel cards do seem to have problems with GTA SA & SA-MP for some reason, any chance you don't see the HP bars? If so, you'll have to downgrade your drivers, not sure to which, but look around the SA-MP forums for it.

1. http://www.microsoft.com/download/details.aspx?id=8109 (not websetup)

2. For Intel graphics I remember this solution:

3. If you have mods go in SAMP and press F5 - If there's no Streaming Memory left when that happens you might need Stream Memory Fix.

I'll think later of more...

Yea, I can't see health bars but that's for a complete different reason that I have looked high and low for. Yes downgrading the drivers would correct that issue, but the main cause of it is windows 8. And in response to memory streaming, yes I use mods, yes I have 1.2 gigs of memory streaming space and the highest I've seen it get is 800mb so I don't think that's the issue either.

I have the newest AMD drivers on an R9 270x, and it all works fine for me. I don't think it's a driver issue.

Yeah, but it was rather possible that it could be a driver issue with Intel, then again I'm unsure, I would like to figure out the issue so I can know whether it is fix-able or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwirlyD
View Post
but the main cause of it is windows 8.
As a matter in fact, I myself use Windows 8 and don't have any issues with the health bars. I also know quite some ppl with W8 that also didn't have any issues. So I'd suggest you at least try the downgrade if nothing else