[Tutorial] How to make kill command (zcmd)

Ok guys this is my first tutorial ever! Don't tell me (you can't make tutorials, you suck etc.. if you wanna say it just don't comment atleast tell me what i did wrong thanks.

Ok, Let's start

First of all include zcmd at the top

If u don't got it get it from here https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=91354
and put zcmd.inc at pawno/includes

pawn Code:
#include <zcmd>
Ok Now let's do the command

PHP Code:
CMD:kill(playerid,params[])//CMD can also be COMMAND anyways after that put your cmd name it can be anything also killme or whatever u choose.
{

SetPlayerHealth(playerid0.0);//Ok,0.0 it's the health of the player after he types /kill, Playerid is the player that types that cmd (Correct me if i was wrong) and setplayerhealth sets the player health  

return 1;//And we are done.

This isn't a tutorial
and this code doesen't make any sence it kills the player who is sending it

Well this is a /kill command lol. it suppose to kill who types it ._.

And like i said this is my first tutorial lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YanLanger
View Post
And like i said this is my first tutorial lol.
So what if it's your first tutorial? It's not like you are required to post one or something

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodo9655
View Post
So what if it's your first tutorial? It's not like you are required to post one or something
Please cut him some slack.

Thanks for posting this. It'll be a nice little excerpt for a scripter who utilises the plugins required, and is still learning the basics.

Wouldn't say it's a tutorial though due to the lack of structured steps/instructions. Still a useful snippet of code though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite
View Post
Still a useful snippet of code though.
lol.

I really don't understand why some people actually reply "good job", "good work", etcetera. Are you guys genuinely just out for posts or are you trying to sweet talk OP to protect him from negativity?

Because honestly, this isn't a tutorial, it's a code snippet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YanLanger
View Post
Ok guys this is my first tutorial ever! Don't tell me (you can't make tutorials, you suck etc.. if you wanna say it just don't comment atleast tell me what i did wrong thanks.
@OP: Do you actually think this will be somewhat useful for new players? The wiki page alone provides more feedback on the function. This is really just a copy and paste snippet which anyone can do.

There is so much more you could have explained, what type of values SetPlayerHealth requires, what exactly your command processor is and why you use it, etcetera.

It generally lacks a lot of information and some of the information you provided doesn't even make sense or is inaccurate (the return 1; part for example. You don't return a value to "make it work", lol).

Note: Because I tried to give you information on how you could have done this tutorial better, doesn't mean you should create another one just like it. Don't make a 1 liner tutorial. Make a genuine one, something which will actually help people.

Also, as some people mentioned before me; don't use an excuse. It doesn't matter if it's your first tutorial. It's not like you're obliged to post one. If you use an excuse to try and justify this thread, then you must know it's bad content.

So guys can you explain me one thing please? YanLanger created tutorial with 11 lines including the ones in [PAWN] and he have 2-3 pages of comments and it is very simple. I created tutorial with 50+ lines maybe even more and all i get is 2-3 comments and 0 rep. I just have to ask you guys this question. Wtf?

Best tutorial ever in scripting history

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogeta
View Post
Best tutorial ever in scripting history
Please stop the silly comments ty

again:
this tutorial is not bad at all it's just his first tutorial
if you didn't like it then there is no need to mean at all.