Whats the difference ?

I would like to know the difference between SQL,SQLite and MySQL.
I tried to make a mysql script by following a tutorial , and it compiled fine but when i tried to add it to a copy of my gamemode , things got fucked up .

Anyways whats the difference? And which one is better.

I would like to use MySql, however I prefer SQL or SQLITE, because they all save to databases, its just Mysql you need to connect with a Live PHP database where as SqLite or SQL it saves in a database format to your gamemode directory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciandlah
Посмотреть сообщение
I would like to use MySql, however I prefer SQL or SQLITE, because they all save to databases, its just Mysql you need to connect with a Live PHP database where as SqLite or SQL it saves in a database format to your gamemode directory
So when you use SQL/Lite it saves in a database like in scriptfiles as an .ini file would ? Whats the easiest for controlling a server ?

MySQL by BlueG, R38 with threaded queries or ORM is much faster than SQLite. If you're on a host that doesn't provide MySQL, then go for SQLite (SQLitei by Slice is also recommended).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciandlah
Посмотреть сообщение
SQL is the language that MySQL and SQLite use. MySQL needs a mysql server to be connected to and SQLite saves the .db file in scriptfiles folder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson_Brooks
Посмотреть сообщение
So when you use SQL/Lite it saves in a database like in scriptfiles as an .ini file would ? Whats the easiest for controlling a server ?
In my own Opinion, SQLite has worked wonders for me for Performance wise and efficient. However MYSQL is more stable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantinos
Посмотреть сообщение
MySQL by BlueG, R38 with threaded queries or ORM is much faster than SQLite. If you're on a host that doesn't provide MySQL, then go for SQLite (SQLitei by Slice is also recommended).

SQL is the language that MySQL and SQLite use. MySQL needs a mysql server to be connected to and SQLite saves the .db file in scriptfiles folder.
So for example could i see an SQL tutorial and make some basic stuff and then if i decide to buy a host with mysql suppot switch to mysql easily ?
If yes , i will do that.

You have to know the basic of SQL so the queries won't fail (errors in the syntax etc).

All you will have to change is the functions since they differ and the way it loads the data. It can take a day or more depending on the script.