Do you think it's worth it? [web hosting]

Okay so I've decided that I'll purchase a web hosting package from one of my local web host provider. It's costing me about $100 per year (no monthly packages). Here are the details:

- 1 domain included
- cPanel hosting with everything unlimited
- Linux Operating System
- High Performance MySQL Backend
- Dual Quad Core Frontend Servers
(Intel Dual Quad Core servers with RAID-10 Storage)
- Optimized HTTP Server
- 24/7 Monitoring, Every 10 seconds
- Multi-Gigabit Connection

...and everything else normal web hosting provides (cannot include them all here)

My question is not about trusting this company or not, but wether these things are worth it or not.

Thanks.

~8$/month is okay for these specs, but there also are cheaper alternatives. Depends on how much youre expecting from the webhosting. This one can probably handle pretty big websites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauzen
Посмотреть сообщение
~8$/month is okay for these specs, but there also are cheaper alternatives. Depends on how much youre expecting from the webhosting. This one can probably handle pretty big websites.
The thing about cheaper alternatives is that they are terribly slow! For example Hostgator. I've tried them and they provide pretty much everything and also provide slow response time. The only problem with this host is that they don't offer any packages. Just per year price. That's ALOT when paying at once.

Anyways, thanks for answering me.

Surely looking worthy enough, "24/7 Monitoring, Every 10 seconds" makes it more better.

Check if the company has any bad reviews. There are cheaper/better alternatives.

Can you name some better alternatives? The main thing I need is faster response times.

You get what you pay for when it comes to hosting. If you pay $50/month you'll see the differences between paying $8/mo, looking at the features it looks like you might be purchasing off of a reseller.

The issue with shared hosting is overselling, companies needing to pack as many people onto a server in order to make their money back because of offering low pricing.

If you're hosting anything serious I would recommend getting a VPS or a dedicated server.

As for fast response times use Cloudflare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Anonymous
Посмотреть сообщение
- 1 domain included
- cPanel hosting with everything unlimited
- Linux Operating System
- High Performance MySQL Backend
- Dual Quad Core Frontend Servers
(Intel Dual Quad Core servers with RAID-10 Storage)
- Optimized HTTP Server
- 24/7 Monitoring, Every 10 seconds
- Multi-Gigabit Connection
I'm not sure where you got this list of 'features', but it sounds like something out of a movie, using words like "Frontend servers" and "high performance Backend", "optimized HTTP server" and to top it off "multi-gigabit connection", lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbott
Посмотреть сообщение
The issue with shared hosting is overselling, companies needing to pack as many people onto a server in order to make their money back because of offering low pricing.
That is EXACTLY why I am not going back to hostgator.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
If you're hosting anything serious I would recommend getting a VPS or a dedicated server.
I will only be hosting a normal personal website with probably a wordpress and some other scripts.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
I'm not sure where you got this list of 'features', but it sounds like something out of a movie, using words like "Frontend servers" and "high performance Backend", "optimized HTTP server" and to top it off "multi-gigabit connection", lol.
Well here is the full list of things they offer:

http://tasjeel.ae/hosting-features.php

Now tell me...

$100? Holy shit, I only spend $15/year on a VPS that hosts all my website needs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanz
Посмотреть сообщение
$100? Holy shit, I only spend $15/year on a VPS that hosts all my website needs.
Which one?