[Tutorial] Beginners Guide to PAWN & Welcome/Leave Messages

delete

I didn't read ALL of it, but..

Quote:

So, instead of putting '0' when we're talking about TEAM_ONE, and '1' when we're talking about TEAM_TWO, we can just put that instead. Much easier to remember! Notice something? I started from 0? :O... Yes, in pawn, instead of starting from 1 (like some people do) it starts from 0. Most programming languages do. Therefore, 1 is 0, 2 is 1, 3 is 2, etc, remember that.

This is incorrect - you don't HAVE to use 0 instead of 1 as the starting point EVERYWHERE in PAWN. I can use 1, 2 and 3 for my team defines. Only array indexes, enumerators and stuff like that start from 0!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajatPawar
Посмотреть сообщение
This is incorrect - you don't HAVE to use 0 instead of 1 as the starting point EVERYWHERE in PAWN. I can use 1, 2 and 3 for my team defines. Only array indexes, enumerators and stuff like that start from 0!
Oh yeah... Sorry about that! Thank you for pointing that out!

format's ugly, simplification was ok. but these "beginner guides" (especially the ones written by "beginners") are actually very misleading.

edit:

Quote:

Functions, are really the core of pawn. In every command, you will have a function. Every... FUNCTION in your game, will be a FUNCTION

you can't summarize your point in the first sentence (no follow up). to the average joe, this sentence has no meaning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ada32
Посмотреть сообщение
format's ugly, simplification was ok. but these "beginner guides" (especially the ones written by "beginners") are actually very misleading.

edit:

you can't summarize your point in the first sentence (no follow up). to the average joe, this sentence has no meaning.
Actually, I was making it really clear that a function is a function.

Not a bad tutorial. I'm sure some people will find it helpful.

Good tutorial useful though for beginners.

PS:- But why 'Quick tutorial'? You could take your time and explain more with each functions and screenshots, Forum is 24/7 open so no hurry burry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo
Посмотреть сообщение
Good tutorial useful though for beginners.

PS:- But why 'Quick tutorial'? You could take your time and explain more with each functions and screenshots, Forum is 24/7 open so no hurry burry.
Good idea! This is my first tutorial though, I'm new to making them... lol :P I will do that next time (if there is a next time).

Good tutorial if you a scripting beginner looks at it. Although, some of the advanced scripter do not like it, still, this can be useful for the newbies in the scripting.
Anyways, good job.

meh instead use [ PAWN] tags.. at least some syntax highlighting would be it look better. It look so dull to me..

Anyway good attempt cannot read it all but seem good so far.