checkpoints can be seen from far away

whenever the server is hosted and you are ingame the houses have checkpoints, normally when your are right infornt of the door you get a checkpoint, but I got them from miles away, which is bad because if you are doing the license exam (rp) then your checkpoint changes to one of the houses, litterally they appear from distance further then the road. This is with all houses. (also shows on the minimap)

NOTE: the checkpoint itself is just small.

I hope someone could help me out,
Thanks in advance.

Do you mean the map icons ? Could you show me one of them ?

since there can be only 1 checkpoint shown at a time, one solution could be: use a RACEcheckpoint for your license-exam - by using that type without an arrow inside (looks like a regular checkpoint).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzy951
Посмотреть сообщение
Do you mean the map icons ? Could you show me one of them ?
Here is a screenshot.
http://i.imgur.com/jNaugIs.png

here it switches to the next house that there be, (so next checkpoint)
http://i.imgur.com/pkG44hE.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babul
Посмотреть сообщение
since there can be only 1 checkpoint shown at a time, one solution could be: use a RACEcheckpoint for your license-exam - by using that type without an arrow inside (looks like a regular checkpoint).
This is an option, but its just really anoying to have those checkpoints there, also this also fuckes up the vehicle spawn (marker), jobs etc.

Anyone has any idea what this could be?

did you think about using MapIcons for the houses?
there can be displayed some more of them (i think its about 32), and the "style" can be set to a mini-checkpoint'ish style. you will need to come up with a solution for entering those spots, since theres no mapicon-collision-callback.

could pickups be a way to go, too? they can be displayed in masses, they can be checked for touching, and you can choose any objectid for each pickup.

Change the stream distance of the checkpoint? -_-

I'm assuming you're using Incognito's streamer plugin...
pawn Код:
CreateDynamicCP(Float:x, Float:y, Float:z, Float:size, worldid = -1, interiorid = -1, playerid = -1, Float:streamdistance = 100.0);
So, simply change the streamdistance parameter to whatever you think a reasonable distance would be. You may have something like this:
pawn Код:
CreateDynamicCP(HouseInfo[houseid][x], HouseInfo[houseid][y], HouseInfo[houseid][z], 3.0);
Change that to:
pawn Код:
CreateDynamicCP(HouseInfo[houseid][x], HouseInfo[houseid][y], HouseInfo[houseid][z], 3.0, -1, -1, -1, 5.0);
for example. This will mean the checkpoint will only show when you are within 5 units of it. The -1's are respective to the worldid, interiorid and playerid parameters. Change them however you wish.

If you cannot understand this, show us where you add/create your checkpoints so we can edit the code appropriately.

I've tried above before, its a weird bug. ended up deleting them after my new scripter went after it. First you think it works, then your restart the server and the bug is back. I'd hope it was as easy as above, then I wouldn't of created this thread. Anyways, thanks for your time and I'm sorry that it was not helpfull for me. I appreciatte your time.

Greetings Verth.