China phones

What do you think about them? Do you have one or know anyone who use one?
I think it's pretty interesting to buy a quad-core phone with 1G of RAM for about 150-200$, and an octa-core with 2G of RAM at about 350$.

No, they're just bad. They are just providing the same specifications in much lower price but there are somethings they never care of:

1. No warranty. Some of the companies gives warranty but they don't seriously care about it.
2. Touch-screen issues. There are touch-screen issues while you start using it for some months.
3. Low battery power. They are having very low battery power and they just consume more batteries as compared to the regular phones.
4. Software issues. The software they're using are just like the custom ROMs available around in XDA-Developers forum which is having different issues includes bad GUI, responds slow, and things like that.
5. The listed RAM is not really the one which is used inside.

There are some more issues I haven't listed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iZN
Посмотреть сообщение
No, they're just bad. They are just providing the same specifications in much lower price but there are somethings they never care of:

1. No warranty. Some of the companies gives warranty but they don't seriously care about it.
2. Touch-screen issues. There are touch-screen issues while you start using it for some months.
3. Low battery power. They are having very low battery power and they just consume more batteries as compared to the regular phones.
4. Software issues. The software they're using are just like the custom ROMs available around in XDA-Developers forum which is having different issues includes bad GUI, responds slow, and things like that.
5. The listed RAM is not really the one which is used inside.

There are some more issues I haven't listed.
I think you should add them in order to know about them. Sincerely, I read a lot of reviews these days and some of the customers say that they're good. Not excellent, but better than the average, and some of them say that they're not.

I've used them before, I lived in China for 8 years, and I can tell that their own product is shit... I wont like it, trust me.

Overall you get what you pay for, (ignoring the premium you pay for badging with the big names)

The build quality and component quality usually isn't great with a lot of Chinese electronics, particularly the 'knock-offs' that emulate more expensive brands and products.

But some of the more entry-level stuff isn't bad. It's often outdated products from larger western companies that the Chinese company now have the rights to. Such as Lenovo, their range of Thinkpad notebooks and laptops are re-branded IBM's

If you're looking for a relatively cheap (and arguebly the best) android phone you should look into the ****** Nexus. The Nexus 5 just got out and is priced very competetively, but you can probably get a very good deal on the Nexus 4 which used to be priced at 300 dollar for the 16g model, but should be lower now that the Nexus 5 is out.

Performance wise the Nexus 4 is like the Samsung S3 (quad core and 2gb ram).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si|ent
Посмотреть сообщение
But some of the more entry-level stuff isn't bad. It's often outdated products from larger western companies that the Chinese company now have the rights to. Such as Lenovo, their range of Thinkpad notebooks and laptops are re-branded IBM's
They probably use IBM's, because Lenovo bought the PC-branch of IBM in 2005. A simple process most companies do is merging products into their own product-lines when they buy a company.

Chinese smartphones have evolved, the old laggy and cheap-times are past, that is just a popular misconception. Best example is Huawei, a company that came out of nothing into the costumer-market and have expanded worldwide in a small amount of time. The build quality of huawei-smartphone is better than some of the other big players.
And software-side, there are chinese android-launchers, that look damn awesome and are more fluidly than most fo the crap others pack onto android. The Xiaomi-Smartphones use MIUI, which has already been ported to a lot of other smartphones, because it looks and works extremly good.

We shouldn't underestimate the chinese market, they learned a lot in terms of manufacturing costumer-frindly and powerful electronics.

Reliable Chinese brands exist like Lenovo and Huawei. Well, when I say reliable, I mean comparable to other popular brands such as Samsung or Sony. I had a Lenovo laptop for four years when I was working at IBM, never had a single issue. And I had to choose between laptop brands now, I would definitely go with Lenovo.

Also less popular brands are now very good. A few friends ordered cheap smartphones from China and they are as good as the other popular phones such as the Galaxy S4 or Nexus 4. They are very happy with it. They have a powerful phone, 2 SIMs and Android on it. The quality of those cheap Chinese products is now much better than it was before. If I had to change my smartphone today, I would hesitate between a Chinese dual SIM phone and the Nexus 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R@f
Посмотреть сообщение
Reliable Chinese brands exist like Lenovo and Huawei. Well, when I say reliable, I mean comparable to other popular brands such as Samsung or Sony. I had a Lenovo laptop for four years when I was working at IBM, never had a single issue. And I had to choose between laptop brands now, I would definitely go with Lenovo.

Also less popular brands are now very good. A few friends ordered cheap smartphones from China and they are as good as the other popular phones such as the Galaxy S4 or Nexus 4. They are very happy with it. They have a powerful phone, 2 SIMs and Android on it. The quality of those cheap Chinese products is now much better than it was before. If I had to change my smartphone today, I would hesitate between a Chinese dual SIM phone and the Nexus 5.
Well, this is what I was pointing at. The chinese phone market has evolved nowadays and it just attracts you with the 10th part of the branded product's price but you don't know if after three or four months of using it, it will be the same phone as it was at the beginning. So, ignoring the title of the following movie, let's just say that is a MTK6589 H9500 phone. In the video it looks pretty good and it has original Android on it. Of course, if you know Android a little, you can adjust it in order to boost its performances.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW6cSBxV6rs

Or we can take a look at this Goophone N3 with 8 cores:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELiWeDaMinc

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantelimonfl
Посмотреть сообщение
but you don't know if after three or four months of using it, it will be the same phone as it was at the beginning
Thats sadly the problem with every smartphone, if the manufacturer doesn't support it properly. For example the S3 still has the problem for some users, that it fills the memory with data, that the user can't delete without root. And even after months there is still no fix for the problem, without rooting the device and loosing the warranty or set it completly back.
Most of the maufacturers concentrate on phones they still can sell, they don't feel responsible for older devices anymore. Another example is the program Kies, which is really awful, and instead of making a better program, samsung develops a program, that transfers you contacts and pictures from an iphone or windows phone to their own products. But why should I use such a program, if I can't even make a backup of it without massive knowledge or reading thousand of complicated tutorials about it?

Sadly it is common to exclude the users, that already bought something and focus on users, that are willing to buy another. If I don't get support, I just can stick with some cheaper smartphones or search a manufacturer, that actually cares about its costumers.