******* videos are getting stuck in Chrome

Ohai der!

Since a few weeks I'm experiencing a very annoying problem: when I watch a ******* video using ****** Chrome (my default browser) the video gets stuck after a random amount of time. It has nothing to do with the video not being buffered: in most cases the whole video is already buffered after a few seconds of play time. When it's stuck, I'm unable to move the slider-thingy (don't know how to call it) either forward or backwards. Also, the video images itself freeze, but in some cases the audio keeps playing in a normal way. If I want to restart the video, I have to refresh the whole page.

Things worth knowing:
* My OS is Windows Vista. (I know, don't start)
* My mother has the same problem. She's also using ****** Chrome. (on W7)
* I've updated ****** Chrome and Java.
* I've cleared the cache multiple times.
* I can run video's without problems using Mozilla Firefox. Haven't tried IE, cause my current version is too outdated.
* Yes, I did use ****** first.

I hope someone has the knowledge to help me. I'm very annoyed by this right now!

Greetz,
Danny

Chrome has the Flash Player built in right? I think that's the problem. I had the exact same problem, ended up switching to Firefox for videos.
So again, I think it's the built in Flash Player causing the problems. I read somewhere, that unchecking 'Harware Acceleration' in the Flash Player settings can fix the problem, but I'm unsure of that.

It's not just chrome... ******* has been having TON's of issues since they updated their UI and video UI. It's happening in IE as well.

It's a bug they need to fix, as all these internet company's are trying to 'modernize' we'll pay the price for a bit by having to use the buggy systems. Have you seen the new Yahoo?! It's a classic example of bad scripting of the 'modern' UI...

Update Adobe Flash Player to its latest version.

It's not ****** Chrome though, I use a very old computer with Windows XP and it plays the videos fine (of course in low quality). So does Mozilla Firefox.

I also have to switch to Firefox for videos to work properly in 1080p without getting stuck...

If Firefox didn't have random bugs and slowdowns i would use it all the time!

I'm having the same problem too, I think I need to switch back to Firefox now.

try using the HTML 5 video player, you can ****** on how to enable it. it is in beta, but a ton more stable then the standard player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstylezzz
Посмотреть сообщение
Chrome has the Flash Player built in right? I think that's the problem. I had the exact same problem, ended up switching to Firefox for videos.
So again, I think it's the built in Flash Player causing the problems. I read somewhere, that unchecking 'Harware Acceleration' in the Flash Player settings can fix the problem, but I'm unsure of that.
Didn't work unfortunately, but thanks for the suggestion anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakejohnsonusa
Посмотреть сообщение
It's not just chrome... ******* has been having TON's of issues since they updated their UI and video UI. It's happening in IE as well.

It's a bug they need to fix, as all these internet company's are trying to 'modernize' we'll pay the price for a bit by having to use the buggy systems. Have you seen the new Yahoo?! It's a classic example of bad scripting of the 'modern' UI...
Well I certainly think the possibility of it being a ******* bug is there, but in that case I'm wondering why some people have it and some don't. Ofcourse there can be a lot of factors involved, but if it really is a ******* bug I'd expect some more complaints about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantinos
Посмотреть сообщение
Update Adobe Flash Player to its latest version.

It's not ****** Chrome though, I use a very old computer with Windows XP and it plays the videos fine (of course in low quality). So does Mozilla Firefox.
I updated Adobe to the latest version (11.9) but doesn't Chrome use it's own, built-in Flash Player? Does it make any difference if you install Adobe FP on your PC when using Chrome? But anyway, it didn't solve it either. Thanks for your reply though.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by legodude
Посмотреть сообщение
try using the HTML 5 video player, you can ****** on how to enable it. it is in beta, but a ton more stable then the standard player
I signed up on www.*******.com/html5. Now how do I enable it? According to some tutorial I should see 'HTML5' underneath my video player and it's not there.