Domain setup

Hello buddies.

I need some assistance in setting up a domain to my forums.

How to do it using the DNS?

And if you can give me some private help, contact me on Skype: james_rick1

Set the nameservers in your domain control panel to the webhost you are using, then either change your primary domain at your webhost or add it as a "Parked Domain" if your host uses cPanel

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxthefish
Посмотреть сообщение
Set the nameservers in your domain control panel to the webhost you are using, then either change your primary domain at your webhost or add it as a "Perked Domain" if your host uses cPanel
1. What on Earth is a "perked domain"?
2. If you mean "parked", how on Earth is domain parking relevant to what this guy wants to do?

@HyDrAtIc: What did you use to create a forum? Did you download forum software that you are hosting yourself, or are you using a forum-creation website like Proboards or something? Do you have a domain already? Please give us more information.

double post deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potassium
Посмотреть сообщение
1. What on Earth is a "perked domain"?
2. If you mean "parked", how on Earth is domain parking relevant to what this guy wants to do?

@HyDrAtIc: What did you use to create a forum? Did you download forum software that you are hosting yourself, or are you using a forum-creation website like Proboards or something? Do you have a domain already? Please give more information.
It's like creating an "Addon Domain" without having to create a separate FTP account or pointing to a different document root. Some free/cheap hosts have a limit to the number of "Domains" you can have on an account, and adding it as a parked domain would also stop unnecessary FTP accounts getting created.

If you look at the screenshot, you can see that the parked domain has a "Domain Root"

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxthefish
Посмотреть сообщение
It's like creating an "Addon Domain" without having to create a separate FTP account or pointing to a different document root. Some free/cheap hosts have a limit to the number of "Domains" you can have on an account, and adding it as a parked domain would also stop unnecessary FTP accounts getting created.

If you look at the screenshot, you can see that the parked domain has a "Domain Root"

[IMG]
I don't see how this has any relevance to what the OP asked.