All Points Bulletin: Vendetta (or APB:V)

Hey thar guys,

The guys from Reloaded productions just posted a kickstarter for a new game based on the APB World(not too much by the looks of it :/ ).
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...n-apb-vendetta

I'd call me APB Veteran as I play the CB and furth Openworld Testings for Realtime Worlds back then, playing APB now again under Reloaded Prodtuctions and Gamersfirst since Closed Beta and I'm a bit split about this new idea they had.

I love the BASE of the idea as in having a first person shooter based on the APB universe there, but having kind of magic abilities set in the world of APB.. is like... naaa... just naa...

I like the idea of having parcour features and so on.

Now to what I really dislike:
Having your own "dedicated" server rented FROM Reloaded Productions, which probably is shared and not dedicated anyways, after you bought the game anyways, also I think(means it's not said anywhere) there might be an ingameshop with "dlcs" coming which you can buy...

For those who don't know APB and want to have a first tease here is a trailer of an older APB:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Env8fWAiOGA[/ame]
(old RTW trailer published by EA back then)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwCapdGRojY[/ame]
(newer APB:R trailer published under Gamersfirst)

It's like... I just hope they don't cripple this universe.

(yes I know some people still don't like APB(:R) and stuff but it's an awesome game which you just have to be sucked in to, to like it)

No please, I'd rather like them to fix the servers and the game than doing this new APB!

APB has become a pay-to-win game, I played it in the betб. I Like the way that you can paint your car and everyone's sees it. Listin to your music that everyone in your car hears etc. But today its full of cheaters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gforcez
Посмотреть сообщение
APB has become a pay-to-win game, I played it in the betб. I Like the way that you can paint your car and everyone's sees it. Listin to your music that everyone in your car hears etc. But today its full of cheaters.
Well, a bit..
Everything weapon related is achievable ingame in a way or another, you can even have better weapons.
Some Gear and Cars are CashShop only or weaponstyles(though they are the same weapons) yes but I don't mind that.
You can have awesome cars without paying anyways and if there wouldn't be anyone paying, there wouldn't be the game.. think about it..

But with Vendetta I see it another way as you already pay for the game when buying it, and then having rentable servers by the company itself?(probably a ingameshop I guess, not said yet too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiki574_CRO
Посмотреть сообщение
No please, I'd rather like them to fix the servers and the game than doing this new APB!
I guess that's a bit of what they are aiming at to do.
They try getting enough money to get a new game going + updating APB:R to a newer Unreal version then which should help ALOT, at least for performanceparts.

Quote:

One of the big limitations of the original game (APBR) is that it uses the 2006-2008 version of Unreal3 (with some later partial upgrades) which is incredibly, frustratingly slow to work with. This Kickstarter actually let's us set aside a whole new team to work on the 5 year newer engine (UE3, 2013) and then basically perform advanced research on what can be done with the new engine tech. Whatever we learn will benefit both games greatly together as we expect to continue working on both. Also since Vendetta is a bit smaller in scope, we expect the Vendetta team to move much faster to production. In the very long term we would actually like to combine the best ideas from both approaches. But in the meantime Vendetta is focused on solving and perfecting the twitch and reactive game experience using the newest UE3.

We are looking forward to re-incorporate any upgrades back in to APB Reloaded as well.

I like APB, but I haven't play it thought.. I just got kicked directly when I connected to a server, WTF..

But I will of course try it again!...

Looks so damn awesome, looks like a really awesome game for me.

I hope it will go well for them!.

Fuck em, stole me 59 bucks. Assholes. ( bought the real game from Gamestop.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy
Посмотреть сообщение
Fuck em, stole me 59 bucks. Assholes. ( bought the real game from Gamestop.)
That has been realtimeworld and they went bankrupt.
They didn't steal it.