What programming language should I go for ?

Hello all,

I've already learned HTML, gwbasic and I'm planning to extend my knowledge, What do you think I should start with ?
I read some articles, they said c++ will burn and regret so I shouldn't start with that, is that true ?
Oh and c# requires you to buy some kind of vb studio or something like that for compiler or something like that, I got no idea about this.

p.s. I'm going to possibly buy a book.

"c++ will burn and regret" what? C/++ are like two of the most useful languages out there

err remove.

So should should I start with c++ then ?
I heard java is another great one to learn.

My first OOP language was JAVA, then I moved to C++. For me, JAVA is much more fun.

The job market seems to asks for Java, ASP.NET, C# and ColdFusion, primarily.

Go for Java, it's really useful, but can also be a pain-in-the-ass sometimes.

HTML isnt an actual programming language, and gwbasic is really outdated (i also started with basic ages ago). So any language will probably be something quite new for you. I wouldnt start with c++, as its too easy to do mistakes with it, that will quickly ruin your motivation. Java is quite simple, but useful, and you dont do critical mistakes that fast. So Ill go with that to get into modern programming. Once you know it and its techniques you can also learn c++ more easily.

Sure then, I'll go for java.
Thanks.

It depends what you are looking to do. The answer varies if you are looking to create 2D games, intense 3D games, simple desktop applications for inputting and editing information, or trying to make a network control panel.

ASP.NET or Java.