Scammers

So, I posted on the scripting help thread requesting someone to help me make an SQLite house system, and I was contacted by FusionzzRoleplay, who said he'd be willing to do it for cash. I agreed and he began "making the codes" and after a few days, sent me a picture of what the house system looks like:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FusionzzRoleplay
Going good so far, shouldn't take to long I'll pm you when I got it working.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FusionzzRoleplay
Here it is was pretty easy to do to be honest, tell me if you like it if so how much are you willing to pay?
/imageshack/img268/8053/samp003up.png
I of course asked him if he would let me come in-game and test it, but he denied and said that he didn't have a server even though he posted an advertisement nearly a week ago here: https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=419198

After this, I noticed that the SA-MP version in the screen shot was 0.2x and I asked him if it was up to date with the SA-MP version and he replied, "It worked for me". Then, in further investigation, I searched up the image link on the SA-MP forums and noticed that a thread in the archives from 09' about a house system using that image shack link: (Top of the thread) http://forum.sa-mp.com/archive/index.php/t-98767.html

Over skype he unadded me and replied saying, "Wow, wrong images copied wtf".
I made this thread to warn members of the SA-MP community of this person with his schemes and tricks and to always do research before agreeing to pay someone for scripting, mapping, etc.

I saw this thread and almost posted "no one cares," but then I saw the seriousness in this thread. You aren't a crying little kid.

Thank you for the warning.

Don't pay people to script out of the blue. Know the person and know his work, then you should be fine.

Wow, how a lot of people want to scam, o.o. Must investigate very good before paying.

thanks for telling. to be honest, my "suspicious detector"-braincell would have triggered when he replied that the server is not available for testing, for whatever reasons. if i want to check if a scripter is capable doing the job, i tell him to change 1 aspect, like the checkpoint size, or pickup model-id. if he denies, then its a scammer.
btw, look at his join date == suspectІ.
plus an 2 pages long advert & eye-hurting fontsize == suspectі.

clever != smart

There are many house scripts released on these forums (for free!); why would you PAY someone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP2
View Post
There are many house scripts released on these forums (for free!); why would you PAY someone?
That's not the point.

I didn't say it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP2
View Post
I didn't say it was.
Yeah, good job on the two post count. It doesn't matter WHAT I was willing to pay for; It could be a huge dynamic mapping project or help setting up a database. This was to expose another person taking advantage of people in the SA-MP community.

You're lucky that you didn't pay him. It's so hard to find a legit scripter these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmet_
View Post
You're lucky that you didn't pay him. It's so hard to find a legit scripter these days.
That's why you're awesome.

Sad man.

You can't trust the idiots on this forum..

good thing you saw .2x and i saw LVRP on the server as well...

Don't worry, a guy like that probally gets ddosed each day.

Man, the best thing to do is to Script for yourself if you don't know how ****** it.

Agreed with billy boy. You have everything you need for learning here, and on sa-mp wiki.
Ayway thank you for the warnings.

My intentions were not to scam you, my friend. As I said, I had the wrong image copied, I went and looked at some other scripts and was comparing them and forgot I had it copied. Then you started suspecting that I was lying so I just said whatever. About the server, I tried to start a server a few days ago but had the problem with the host, I even posted for help here https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=419207 I was not lying about the server being shut down. I honestly can script and map pretty good believe me or not I don't care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noles2197
View Post
Yeah, good job on the two post count.
Oh please don't be so childish. I don't give a fuck about post count.

Sad you can't trust people with these things nowadays..
Good for you you discovered it, and thanks for the warning, I hope other people have the luck to discover it before they are scammed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP2
View Post
THAT'S TWO WHOLE POSTS THAT YOU CAN ADD TO YOUR POST COUNT! WHY WOULDN'T YOU CARE ABOUT IT!?!?!?!

My God- and to think you were a mature person (@Noles2197). I figured this could be a 100% maturely handled scam report, until I read the the post MP2 quoted.

It's sad that people can't come up with anything more clever to say than "nice increase in post count." As if.

Hell, look at mine! 5,000+ posts and guess what? If the SA:MP team brought it down to -5000+, I'd be perfectly content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP2
View Post
Then why post here with completely irrelevant information?

OT: Thanks for the heads up (even though it doesn't apply to me), and just like Schurman said it's nice to see someone making a decent thread about this