Controls keep freezing since R2

It has NEVER EVER happened before. Since I installed R2, after a gmx sometimes on spawn I can not control my character. He will stand there doing the idle animation (the game doesn't actually crash) but I can't move. I can't alt-tab either*.

* I don't actually press alt-tab. I press the windows key to minimise (easier). When I do this the start bar flashes up (win xp) but I have to end GTA_SA.exe in task manager.

I am using a joypad (PS3), but the keyboard doesn't work either. It happens about 20 percent of the time.

nVidia GeForce GTS 250

It is happening with me as well, but for me it is more frequent, about 50% of the time. VERY annoying bug.

I have no mods installed, I'm using nvidia geforce GTX 670M (notebook) and nvidia geforce GTX 680 (desktop), it is happening with both.

What OS are you using?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_
Посмотреть сообщение
What OS are you using?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MP2
Посмотреть сообщение
It has NEVER EVER happened before. Since I installed R2, after a gmx sometimes on spawn I can not control my character. He will stand there doing the idle animation (the game doesn't actually crash) but I can't move. I can't alt-tab either*.

* I don't actually press alt-tab. I press the windows key to minimise (easier). When I do this the start bar flashes up (win xp) but I have to end GTA_SA.exe in task manager.

I am using a joypad (PS3), but the keyboard doesn't work either. It happens about 20 percent of the time.

nVidia GeForce GTS 250

I'm using Windows 8.

I have this problem, and I use 8. It happens to me 1 out of 10 times after I gmx or I exit the server and get back ingame.

And that doesn't only apply to GTA controls. Dialogs and chatbox won't work either.

I noticed this yesterday, but didn't think anything of it because I just closed the game and didn't have to go back in-game. I'm running Windows 7.

Also I'd like to re-report a similar problem I reported in the 0.3d or 0.3e RC phase which never got fixed.

When chat input is open, not all my PS3 controller's inputs get registered. They only register like a fifth of the time. You may ask 'why would you want to jump while chat input is open' but I sometimes need to. It's not a big bug it's just annoying. It only seems to happen for JUMP and FIRE/PUNCH. Sprint works fine every time.

I have the same problem as well, but in 3e

Hmm, I never had it before 0.3x R2.