RP NAMES QUESTION

Hello there,

I wanted to ask you,how can i let the players using their names instead of the RP names on a roleplaying gamemode (ex. Ravens Roleplay 0.3e)

Thanks in advance,i appreaciate that you read my topic!

Best regards,
George

You need to show us some code!
But most likely the script will search for "_" somewhere in the name becouse that's what you use to split your name instead of space(that's invalid for names) so Yh.

Connect to the server and get the message that is sent to you notifying that you are using an invalid RP name, then open your script and Hit CTRL+F and search for that message, you will find some function or multiple codes that checks for underscores (_) in the player's name once he connect to the server, Either show the whole code of it here or just delete it if you can deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geohareas
Посмотреть сообщение
Hello there,

I wanted to ask you,how can i let the players using their names instead of the RP names on a roleplaying gamemode (ex. Ravens Roleplay 0.3e)

Thanks in advance,i appreaciate that you read my topic!

Best regards,
George
Try it:
Next code put into OnPlayerConnect:

pawn Код:
new name[MAX_PLAYER_NAME], pos = strfind(name, "_");
GetPlayerName(playerid, name, MAX_PLAYER_NAME);
if(pos == -1 || !(name[0] >= 'A' && name[0] <= 'Z' && pos+1 < strlen(name) && name[pos+1] >= 'A' && name[pos+1] <= 'Z'))
{
    SendPlayerMessage(playerid, -1, "Use RP nick! Example: Carl_Johnson, Stabker_Steepson");
    Kick(playerid);
    return 1;
}
(I dont test it, just write per few minutes. Sorry for my bad English )

Quote:
Originally Posted by stabker
Посмотреть сообщение
Try it:
Next code put into OnPlayerConnect:

pawn Код:
new name[MAX_PLAYER_NAME];
GetPlayerName(playerid, name, MAX_PLAYER_NAME);
if(!(name[0] >= 'A' && name[0] <= Z && strfind(name, "_") != -1 && strfind(name, "_")+1 <= strlen(name) && name[strfind(name, "_")+1] >= 'A' && strfind(name, "_")+1 <= 'Z'))
{
    SendPlayerMessage(playerid, -1, "Use RP nick! Example: Carl_Johnson, Stabker_Steepson");
    Kick(playerid);
    return 1;
}
(I dont test it, just write per few minutes. Sorry for my bad English )
He wants to do the opposite of that. He wants people to use ANY name instead of RP names on his rp server, which I find weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAsT-OAK_510
Посмотреть сообщение
He wants to do the opposite of that. He wants people to use ANY name instead of RP names on his rp server, which I find weird.
Oh... i'm idiot

geohareas, just find the message, that sends when player have nonRP nickname, find a checking and remove it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stabker
Посмотреть сообщение
Oh... i'm idiot
lol no, it took me a while to figure out what he was asking, but the way he wrote it sounds like he wants to remove the (firstname_lastname) RP name.

Under OnPlayerConnect, there should be
pawn Код:
if(AntiName == 1)
    {
        if(namestring == -1)
        {
            format(string, sizeof(string),"%s, Has been kicked by the Anticheat Peter Griffin for Having an Unvalid Name",plname);
            SendClientMessageToAll(COLOR_NICERED, string);
            SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_YELLOW2, "Immigration Department: Your name is not acceptable.");
            SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_YELLOW2, "Hint: Your name must be in the format Firstname_Lastname.");
            format(string,sizeof(string), "(%d/%d/%d)[%d:%d:%d] Anticheat Has Kicked %s for Invalid Name",d,m,y,h,mi,s,plname);
            KickLog(string);
            Kick(playerid);
            return 1;
        }
    }
Remove that,