How Many Embedded Colors Can I Add in A string?

Hey guys, the title says it all. How many embedded colors can I add when I'm formating my string?

I'm asking this question because if I add like 4+ embedded colors the string won't get formated and the message doesn't get sent.

I hope this is the correct section

I don't know about a maximum but regarding this:

Quote:

because if I add like 4+ embedded colors the string won't get formated

I've got 11 in one of mine

I had some similar problems before, I can't really remember what I did to fix it. Maybe theres a limit to the formatting after a set amount of characters. Just guesswork.

Quote:
Originally Posted by playbox12
View Post
I had some similar problems before, I can't really remember what I did to fix it. Maybe theres a limit to the formatting after a set amount of characters. Just guesswork.
It's fixed by decreasing the number of embedded colors.

In the amount of embedded colors, there is no limit, the limit is in the string size. We all know that there's a limited string size to be displayed on the screen (somewhere around 144 characters), but the embedding code actually counts as more characters, just not seen in the screen as characters themselves.

Take this example:
"(ffffff)This is a white text."
"This is a white text".
The one in the bottom has lesser characters than the former, so if you add many colors it will eat up the character size, disallowing you to use too many real characters to be shown in the screen.

Maximum string size to be displayed is "128". It should atleast show me like half of the text if the string was smaller, but it doesn't.

I run some strings with 256 chars, they work fine. It also matters if you have a (too big) resolution.