y_ini creating blank files

Hi, I have downloaded a few admin filterscripts that use y_ini (like mREG for example), and when I register my nickname, then I close both my game and my server, and then I browse the admin system's folder inside the scriptfiles folder, I see that some .txt files are created, but all of them are blank!!
I have tried this only at my home server in my computer (running Windows XP Home), I haven't tried it in my hosted server (which runs Linux).

Any ideas?

Show us the registration code/script.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******
Посмотреть сообщение
What do you mean "close my server"?
I believe he is referring to the closing of the server console.

did you give the file anything to write by making yourself an admin?look at what it looks for to write things and make sure you met the qualifacations to get writen in

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtakillerIV
Посмотреть сообщение
Show us the registration code/script.
This one for example: https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=250053
I assume it's a problem with y_ini and not with the various admin filterscripts that I have tried because it would be too much of a coincidence that all of them had the very same problem.
By the way, I had the same problem with X Admin that uses dini. However I haven't had any problem with the old Lethal Admin that uses an older method.

One thing to take into account, although I don't think it has to do with this at all, is that I run my Windows XP under a limited user account with no administrative privileges. However this shouldn't be the cause because you don't need such privileges to read and write in the folder I have my local server at, and as I said I didn't have this problem with Lethal Admin. What is more: if the problem were those privileges, it wouldn't be creating a blank file, but no file at all.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
What do you mean "close my server"?
I mean samp-server.exe in my local home server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumbSkull
Посмотреть сообщение
did you give the file anything to write by making yourself an admin?look at what it looks for to write things and make sure you met the qualifacations to get writen in
I just installed the admin filterscript, joined the game, typed /register and my password, and then quit my game and closed my server.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
HOW did you close your server? Properly with "exit" or just wiping the process out with "X"?
I always close it by closing the window clicking on the X button, like I close any other program. Don't tell me I shouldn't be doing that...

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
No, you really shouldn't! It's a console program, not a windows program so it doesn't get the close message from the OS, instead "cmd" does and just closes. The result being that "OnGameModeExit" never gets called and things don't get cleaned up properly.
Lawl, then how should we close it properly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [CG]Milito
Посмотреть сообщение
Lawl, then how should we close it properly?
You type in 'exit' to the console.

Ok thank you ******, I'm gonna try with that and see if it results.
Actually I still have my doubts because another bug I have seen is that if I open the server, then open the game, register a new nick, then close the game without closing the server, and then rejoin the game with that nick just registered, it won't remember my password!

But as I said, I'm gonna try and then post here if it works.