Dxtory Help

I was wondering if anyone out there had any experience with Dxtory. It's a great recording software that has much more features to offer than fraps, such as individual audio streaming and a lot less resource heavy unlike fraps.

As much as I love dxtory, it is a very demanding software when it comes to your HDD/SSD write speeds. Of course with an SSD I would have no problem with it. I recently got an Intel 520 240GB SSD and migrated my OS onto the SSD and deleted everything off the HDD. Now I expected with Windows 7 not running on my HDD anymore it would have more I/O to compensate with Dxtory write speeds. I did a benchmark and it came to be 119Mb/s. It's confusing me how when I have a bare drive now with nothing running on it dedicated to recording, and recording only, can't even handle to record at 1080p without being ultra laggy. It's on edge with 720p. It is a Seagate Barracuda 2TB @ 7200RPM.

At the moment now I am stuck with fraps, and I would really like to switch over to Dxtory fully, but with the choppy recording and being unable to record with 1080p, I probably have to give up on this program.

Well the HDD is not the only important part when it comes to recording, which processor and how much RAM do you have for example?

Trust me, in my case it is. I have more than enough power to record.

Intel Core i7-3770k @ 4.2GHz / Corsair Vengance 8GB 1600MHz.

I don't lag, playing the game or recording, the video output is what lags.

Did it lag before on a normal HDD?

So fraps works? Then its obviously a problem with dxtory. Does it use any kind of video compression?

Process your stuff with http://www.virtualdub.org/

tbh dxtory is worst it creates fake fps lol but in real it lags more ;X
Fraps is best , why not give bandicam a try thats also good ..?

I never used dxtroy but I know guys who did. I remember something about wrong encoding causing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithion
Посмотреть сообщение
Did it lag before on a normal HDD?
Yes, it's why I moved onto an SSD for Windows booting and other programs and dedicated the HDD to recording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauzen
Посмотреть сообщение
So fraps works? Then its obviously a problem with dxtory. Does it use any kind of video compression?
Yes, fraps does work, perfectly fine too. It just hogs the resources. And it's not on any at the moment I think. I know it has its own encoding. Which I can switch (I'll give it a try)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca2k
Посмотреть сообщение
Process your stuff with http://www.virtualdub.org/
Will check it out, thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niko_boy
Посмотреть сообщение
tbh dxtory is worst it creates fake fps lol but in real it lags more ;X
Fraps is best , why not give bandicam a try thats also good ..?
Fraps is good for someone who knows nothing about video recording/encoding (like me) and wants to quickly just start it up and start recording. Dxtory gives more options that I'd like (especially individual audio streaming) and doesn't use as much resources. The only problem is a choppy video output. I'll see about bandicam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by playbox12
Посмотреть сообщение
I never used dxtroy but I know guys who did. I remember something about wrong encoding causing it.
I'll check out different encoding methods, thanks.