[GameMode] Basic MySQL Account Script [MySQL R7, cache functions, easydialog, Whirlpool, salted passwords]

cool!
love it

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincentDunn
Посмотреть сообщение
I think you already know I can't.
What's the point in salting then?

There's really no need. It's just pointless code stacking up which makes things run slower. I would understand if passwords were encrypted with MD5, but Whirlpool is a very safe cryptography method.

I sort of agree with Calgon, perhaps it could be made an optional feature of the gamemode? On the other hand, I really don't see anything bad about showing scripters how it is done.

Also, I see something like this:
pawn Код:
// Definition
new g_Logged[MAX_PLAYERS char];

// Changing it
g_Logged[playerid] = 0;
Question is: does that really work? I think I remember that the last time I accessed a "char"-array using square brackets, the results were not as expected... For the sake of understanding though, shouldn't it be
pawn Код:
g_Logged{playerid} = 0;
Also you probably assumed it is my best intention to complain things like this:
pawn Код:
`interior` int(11) NOT NULL, \
// ...
`skin` int(11) NOT NULL, \
As far as I know, valid interior IDs are 0 to 19 and valid skin IDs are 0 to 299. Your field type however would allow much lengthier values and even though you don't populate the fields with larger values, a larger amount of space will be used to store the values. Refer to this.

A suitable field type for `interior` would even be TINYINT(2) and for `skin`, SMALLINT(3) will do perfectly. Some space hopefully saved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreT
Посмотреть сообщение
Also, I see something like this:
pawn Код:
// Definition
new g_Logged[MAX_PLAYERS char];

// Changing it
g_Logged[playerid] = 0;
Question is: does that really work? I think I remember that the last time I accessed a "char"-array using square brackets, the results were not as expected... For the sake of understanding though, shouldn't it be
pawn Код:
g_Logged{playerid} = 0;
I honestly had no clue, thanks for clearing that up for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreT
Посмотреть сообщение
Also you probably assumed it is my best intention to complain things like this:
pawn Код:
`interior` int(11) NOT NULL, \
// ...
`skin` int(11) NOT NULL, \
As far as I know, valid interior IDs are 0 to 19 and valid skin IDs are 0 to 299. Your field type however would allow much lengthier values and even though you don't populate the fields with larger values, a larger amount of space will be used to store the values. Refer to this.

A suitable field type for `interior` would even be TINYINT(2) and for `skin`, SMALLINT(3) will do perfectly. Some space hopefully saved!
This is also skipped my mind. Perhaps I should have been sure on a couple of more things before releasing this. Anyways, thanks for your critique. Main post has been updated with links to the scripts with the aforementioned changes.

Not bad, I really appreciate it, I liked it, did not see it on more than one Russian forum, you are done, a few ideas for the following versions:
- Write a good system houses.
- Write horushuyu business system
- Write a good car solon
- Write the fraction

Once again, it is commendable.

Good job
would lack only add to save more data users
This gamemode saves the position and life
but would be nice to add things like vest, weapons, property etc ...

anyone know how I can add this kind of thing?

thanks

Nice work but why will you use NGRP custom GUI?

Probably this isn't anything important but you did this:
pawn Код:
forward SendQuery();
public SendQuery()
{
        // callback for queries that don't fetch data
        return 1;
}
It isn't needed, just make the query in the following way:
pawn Код:
mysql_function_query(connection, "YOUR SYNTAX", false, "", "");
//Just put "", it saves time.
PD: nice script. rBits is a great include too, for a good optimization.

Thanks alot vincent +rep