How did you learn scripting pawno?

Ya, the topics says it all: Where did you learn it from?
I am asking this because i want to make my knowledge better in the language, so i later can build up a core which is advanced but easy to use. Ill 100% like if there was some places to read, to understand the language.

-Thanks

Downloaded Godfather and essentially reverse-engineered it. Opened new.pwn and Godfather side-by-side and attempted to remake it using my own methods.

Yea thats a great way, but isn't there any doc's which explain the language? Because how did Blacklite create SACNR? By *******? I dont think so, he probaby got it from some docs same with CrazyBob, Irresistiblegaming and so on. Thats actually what i meant by how they example learned it

I practically lived out of the tutorial section and the sa-mp wiki, I used ****** a LOT, and I would post in the scripting help whenever I'd get stuck. By the way, Pawno is the text editor, Pawn is the actual language.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyChoco
View Post
Yea thats a great way, but isn't there any doc's which explain the language? Because how did Blacklite create SACNR? By *******? I dont think so, he probaby got it from some docs same with CrazyBob, Irresistiblegaming and so on. Thats actually what i meant by how they example learned it
There's a whole manual explaining the language, problem is, it really doesn't explain too much.

I started to learn scripting by Tutorials from Mr.Monat a german scripter, after i got some basics i worked me through the wiki. After a while did i tried to script my complet own systems and tarted with dini, went over to y_ini and learn now as next sql. I learnd also with dini how to use zcmd and sscanf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyChoco
View Post
Ya, the topics says it all: Where did you learn it from?
I am asking this because i want to make my knowledge better in the language, so i later can build up a core which is advanced but easy to use. Ill 100% like if there was some places to read, to understand the language.

-Thanks
Learned C, C#, C++
Then opened wiki.sa-mp.com and studied what is different and memorized it and made my own script

Tried to learn a C language, got mindfucked, so I looked on the SA-MP wikis and a few ******* videos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KY
View Post
Downloaded Godfather and essentially reverse-engineered it. Opened new.pwn and Godfather side-by-side and attempted to remake it using my own methods.
This is the best way I'd recommend someone trying to learn pawn code. Docs can help too though, but it's tough for beginners. http://www.compuphase.com/pawn/pawn.htm#DOWNLOAD_DOCS

Well, I began learning from studying pre-made GMs & attempting to implement them into my own trial script; after that I would attempt to re-create the script from memory alone. It is essential to gain experience through example & to learn the basics of SA-MP (SA-MP wiki, should offer that)