Ammo increased after buying a new weapon(same slot).

Hey, I got another problem that I can't fix it by myself. So I need your help again. I just made my own ammunation for my gamemode. But the problem is, when I buy a new weapon (same slot), it will increased my ammo. For example,
I've bought a shotgun with 300 ammo, and then a combat shotgun with 300 ammo. Shotgun will be replaced by combat shotgun, but combat shotgun ammo will be increased to 600. Any idea how can I fix this problem?

Try to get the old weapon + amount of ammo, Get the new weapon and the amount the ammo that were bought. After that set his ammo to 0 Then increase the amount of ammo bought for the new weapon.

And what if I want to buy a new same weapon to increase the ammo?

Check if its the same weapon, if it is, just give to them. it will replace and increase the ammo as actually.

Well use ResetPlayerWeapon. Then add the new id weapon. once its done. to detect if its the same weapon. use GetPlayerWeapon(playerid)

GTA: SA seems to treat ammo per weaponslot, not per individual weapon, which doesn't really make sense. I'm no gun expert but I don't think a desert eagle uses the same ammo as a 9mm.

Here's a fix I wrote:

pawn Код:
new const weapon_slot[] = {
10, // 10
0, // 20
5, // 30
12, // 40
};

stock h_GivePlayerWeapon(playerid, weaponid, ammo)
{
    if(!IsPlayerConnected(playerid)) return 0;

new weapon, oldammo;
    GetPlayerWeaponData(playerid, weapon_slot[weaponid], weapon, oldammo);

GivePlayerWeapon(playerid, weaponid, ammo);
    if(weapon != weaponid && weapon != 0)
    {
        SetPlayerAmmo(playerid, weaponid, oldammo);
    }
    else
    {
        SetPlayerAmmo(playerid, weaponid, oldammo+ammo);
    }
    return 1;
}
#if defined _ALS_GivePlayerWeapon
    #undef GivePlayerWeapon
#else
    #define _ALS_GivePlayerWeapon
#endif
#define GivePlayerWeapon h_GivePlayerWeapon
All you need to do is put that before you ever use GivePlayerWeapon. Somewhere above all callbacks like above OnGameModeInit (which should be your first callback tbh).

PERFECT!!! Thanks MP2