Cry Engine 3

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KppTmsNFneg[/ame]

Posted today by some CryTek employee on reddit.

GTA would be pretty awesome. =)

Looks epic, hopefully it will deliver.

This is something GTA V will have

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael23
Посмотреть сообщение
Actually, V will most likely use an updated/altered version of the RAGE engine.

Edit: I was wrong, this could be ported into the RAGE engine pretty easily, so there is a chance V will have some better damage models.

Pretty damn sweet.

Still a bit too wobbly for my taste, but something like that in GTA V and I will cum all over myself.

Cry Engine 3 is great thats a fact, however I think GTA V won't use it as they have had the change in the past 2 versions of Cry Engine, and have failed to do so. Some games that use Cry Engine often freeze even on the best of PC's I am unsure on why it does this, but its a fact. If they do use it in GTA V which I hope they do I will be happy but I can say now, I'm 99.9% sure they wont.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCube!
Посмотреть сообщение
Cry Engine 3 is great thats a fact, however I think GTA V won't use it as they have had the change in the past 2 versions of Cry Engine, and have failed to do so. Some games that use Cry Engine often freeze even on the best of PC's I am unsure on why it does this, but its a fact. If they do use it in GTA V which I hope they do I will be happy but I can say now, I'm 99.9% sure they wont.
All rights of CryEngine 1 (and Far Cry) were sold to Ubisoft for their Far Cry series. CryEngine 2 was indeed not very stable, but it was an amazing piece of art and a good benchmark for epic PCs. CryEngine 3 is a highly optimized version of CE2 with new things like console support. They didn't make a new version because the old one was bad, but with the first engine because they sold all the rights (except the name, apparently) and with the second engine because their new engine (CE3) had so much new features and improvements. Besides that, map files (and probably some other files too) from the three different engines aren't very compatible which each other.

CryEngine 3 is a very stable piece of art, something you wouldn't find out there very often today. It's just amazing. The only downside I've seen from the free SDK is that it's mostly build for FPS games, you can make other types of games, but you probably have to do a lot of editing inside the engine itself.

Edit: As far as I know the PC requirements of Crysis are higher than Crysis 2, that shows the massive optimizations between the last two engines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basssiiie
Посмотреть сообщение
The only downside I've seen from the free SDK is that it's mostly build for FPS games, you can make other types of games, but you probably have to do a lot of editing inside the engine itself.

Edit: As far as I know the PC requirements of Crysis are higher than Crysis 2, that shows the massive optimizations between the last two engines.
Well it seems to be possible
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4F1rhlvW80&feature=related[/ame]

And yeah I were amazed how fine the CryEngine 3 worked on my old rig which really wasn't good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael23
Посмотреть сообщение
That's not even going to be possible on current console hardware, so no, it's not something GTA:V will have because Rockstar Games is a console focused company.