What keeps you at an RP server?

I know topics like this have been made before, and no I'm not re-opening an old topic. I'm talking about here, and now, not 2 weeks ago, not a month ago, now.

So I was curious as to what keeps you guys at an RP server? There are many servers out there that offer the same thing (Los Santos, same factions, same style), and the ones that don't offer them repetetive things seem to be the ones not working as well. What do you guys like to see when you first join, and what makes you stay there?

Refund, o/XX playerbase, terrible admins, yeah those stuff really makes me stay at a RP server, listen, the answer wont change by time, just use the search button, it wont bite.

Mostly players that actually roleplay, not just randomly drive around the city/afk

Servers that have a well established set of returning players, and if the server has been around for a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy
View Post
Refund, o/XX playerbase, terrible admins, yeah those stuff really makes me stay at a RP server, listen, the answer wont change by time, just use the search button, it wont bite.
Refunding? Well I know servers that do succeed with refunds so obviously not all are the same, hence the topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jansish
View Post
Mostly players that actually roleplay, not just randomly drive around the city/afk
True,
and for me is it just driving around on my bike, RP'ing when I crashed and that's it..- (when I'm not in a faction)

Hmmm ..
What makes me stay at an RP server

Nothing
They all look the same, they all offer the same, they all have the same functions and the same concept. There isn't any way to make people stay anymore, since it's very hard to make something different from the stuff the other RP servers offer. Either people join your server and stay, or they dont

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold
View Post
Refunding? Well I know servers that do succeed with refunds so obviously not all are the same, hence the topic.
Good point, well here is my point of view.
Lets take for example RCRP, not as advertisment or anything, but their comunity is awesome, everyone treats each other normal, and the players RP pretty damn well.
Also, the admins are mature people, with a good sense of humor.

That's more of the answer I was hoping for. So obviously, a mature admin-base and a fair community that do not treat each other like shit. Are you saying they're more important than the script and it's features?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold
View Post
That's more of the answer I was hoping for. So obviously, a mature admin-base and a fair community that do not treat each other like shit. Are you saying they're more important than the script and it's features?
I dont agree with that, the script is just as inportand as your admins. If you want a good server you need to balance those two. I mostly hate it when admins just randomly teleport to you.