Please help me before I kill my laptop.

SA:MP kept crashing ~10 seconds after connecting to a server, so I uninstalled GTA. While uninstalling, a dialog appeared and said 'error 1'. I closed it and the uninstaller closed. Most of the game files were deleted, but the directory was still there, so I just deleted it. I put the disc in to re-install GTA and it says 'Play GTA: San Andreas' - but it's not installed. I can't play because it's not installed, I can't uninstall because it's not installed, and I can't re-install because it 'is' installed?!?!?!?!?!

Windows 7. Same thing happened when I installed Windows 7 on my iMac, had to fucking wipe the hard drive and re-install Windows...

Clean your registry..

Could you elaborate on that..?

Use Ccleaner software ****** it and click analyse.

do windows + r (run thingy), type regedit over there.

Do a search on gta_sa and gtasa. Deleting those will probably be sufficient, tell me if it's not. Do NOT delete anything besides those.

Yea you can do like that manualy but be sure not to mess with other files and the software i mentioned can be obtained from here .

I ran ccleaner, fixed a bunch of registry errors, removed the installation entry or whatever, but it's the same.

Go to your control panel and search for "Add or remove programs" or something of the sort.
Once you found it, click on it and a menu should show you all of the programs that are installed on your computer.
Search for GTA San Andreas and uninstall it.
Best of luck.

It's not there.

MP2:

Better try what I posted? regedit > ctrl + f > gta_sa and gtasa. Look if it's related to GTA, and if it is, delete the entry. Otherwise, don't touch it and look further. If that didn't fix it, do a quick scan for "Grand Theft Auto" and "San Andreas" - no results should be given.