Is Onebip Problematic?

Just curious here... is Onebip problematic when using it to accept donations? I'm told that they tax you, even when you aren't buying/selling anything and it is just in your balance every month. Is this true? I was thinking about using it to go with my Volt hosted server.
I was only aware of the 50% tax when making a transaction, which is already quite costly.

Thanks for any feedback/advice.

Its Good if you dont have Any Credit Card or Bank account
if you have a CC or Bank Account then make a Paypal Account
i have never used it so i dont have any Further Info About it

Yes the fee is high for onebip..and paypal charges very less better use that.

The fees are high, no doubt about that, but it's almost a given with SMS payment gateways.
My main issue with them, is the delay for withdrawing any funds from the account.
With donations, it's impossible for them to differentiate commercial/non-commercial payments unless you have a registered charity number. Of course, you could contact them directly for more details about that.

Personally, I use PayGol, who seem a lot more co-operative on the support side of things, and aren't too draconian on funds.

If I were you, I'd try and persuade potential donating users to purchase a Pre-Paid Debit Card, and use that through PayPal.
Sure, it's more of a hassle for them, but I'm confident they'd be happier knowing that more of their money goes directly towards the server.

Hmm. Thanks for the feedback. My only concern is that most players would probably be much more keen to use Onebip than Paypal for obvious reasons. Would it be wise to consider it, and use it as direct currency for my volt server, since I have no bank account set up?

Thanks again.

I always hate the idea of onebip and the fees.

In the end, it is not a reliable payment solution for both hosting and or donations. Which is why you see some providers charging you a fee to use onebip.