Is scripting easy?

Well, i want to know because currently my server could use some bugs fixing. Just wanted to know.

If you have experience with any other scripting language, then yes. Otherwise no. It also largely depends on the type of gamemode you're trying to edit. Probably yet another roleplay, so I'll stick with no.

Scripting isnt really hard.
If your willing enough to spend time on trial and error fixing bugs, developing new features for your server, you can most likely script.
PAWN is farely easy to script with, its about as easy as PHP, they are sort of simliar to me.

Checkout these pages to get started:
Scripting Basics - SA-MP Wiki
Scripting [Beginner Tutorial]

It depends on your goal. If you want to edit a script then it's easy. If you want to make a whole new conversion to an existing script then it's not that hard. If you want to make a gamemode from scratch depending on the gamemode type it's not that hard also. If you want to make a library, then it's hard. And like Vince said, if you don't have any experience on programming, it might be harder for you to achieve your goal.

Nothing is hard when you know what you're doing.

Pawn is a quite easy language. Simple scripting is simple and the basics can be learned in some days.
But more advanced scripting (for me anything that goes beyond language problems, things that really require you to think about how to realize it, independent from pawn) is something that you cant "learn" but that just need a lot of experience. Some people wont proceed with that in a year, but this is the way of working that makes gamemodes really "unique" (unlike the common unique that I really hate to read).
However, pawn basics will be enough for most gamemodes that are around these days.

Basic programming skills/knowledge are required, and it is not easy to understand for a beginner.

Well it depends,If you know what you are doing and trained and have experience you would find that as easy,If you are new and dont know much about scripting,You might find it hard to understand at first point,However if you get use to it,You will find it easy,But as it looks,Its Hard.