Cpu upgrade?,hmm

Hi!..

I wounder if it worth to buy a new cpu..

I need one but on another forum they said is better to upgrade to newer parts but I don't need newer..

So what do you think I'm not sure... My motherboard is: HT 2000.

CPU: Amd Athlon 64 X2 5200+

New cpu I want: One with 4 cores (x4).

Thanks for reply and help!...

Which one do you have atm ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbert_
Посмотреть сообщение
Which one do you have atm ?
Post updated Amd Athlon 64 X2 5200+

the Athlon x2 5200+ is one of its fastest canidates. i assume its socket is AM2 (+), so an update to your hardware will also need a new mainboard, incase you tend to buy a PhenomII or even better (which uses the AM3(+) socket). this will also require you to buy new Dimms, the old DDR2's wont work well iam afraid.
maybe waiting for the new AMD 6/8core CPUs is worth waiting a bit more, why give up your 2600 MHz clocked cpu anyways?

Buy an intel core i7 :P It's really fast, no problem with that then

Yea I have AM2 socket, forgot to say ...
I don't think the i7 will fit... They don't sell any new cpus that fits AM2??... I have watch but I didn't found any.. But I can buy a wanged if you recommand me to buy a new...

Any recommendation??

AMD stopped producing the PhenomII series last december. goto some stores and have a look at the AM3(+) PhenomII X4 equipped computers, their price will drop in the next months.
i bought a PhenomII X4 BE @3.2GHz with 6MB L3-Cache - including new MB and RAMs, i dont regret the purchase (around €320 including CPU, MB, 8GB DDR3): my gamemode got compiled in >1 minute before, now its 15 seconds...

I have an AMD Athlon X4 640 Processor, I can run BF3 and CoD on high settings, this is also due to the videocard I'm using, a GTS 450.

Ok.. But AM3 won't fit in AM2??.. Should I change cpu or not??...