Need help! 2 questions [PC]

Hi!

I have a motherboard that supports Pentium 3 1ghz.

But I don't know if I will buy a processor for it because I don't know if it run good with win 7. Play
movies etc.. I saw on ******* that it runs fairly good .. But I'm not full sure.. So what do you think..

Код:
OR:
2:nd question:

I have aslo a motherboard that supports Pentium 4.

But I have 1 Problem! The motherboard have 2 power supply cables.. If I connect both of them
the motherboard won't start (With ATX 20 Pin and P4 ATX VXI Connected).
If I connect just the big normal one (ATX 20 pin) the motherboard starts (Cpu fan runs) But I don't get any picture :S its about 250W or 300W I don't rember..

Код:
 Thanks alot for helping!
Btw question 2 maybe needs more power? I don't think so but I'm not full sure..

Windows 7? With Pentium 3 1 ghz? How much ram do u have?

Also, I'm not sure if you can even buy a Pentium 3 1 ghz anymore...

You'll have to show all specifications before asking if you can run Windows 7.

Look out what are you doing with your motherboard. If the power supply doesn't have the neccessary power to feed the motherboard and its componets you may "destroy" everything inside. To answer at your 2nd question i'm sure is your power supply is the problem to your motherboard. About the 1st question don't put Win 7 no that CPU even you got 1 - 2 GB Ram inside. It might use 50% of the CPU for the main usage of the PC and about watching videos on ******* i'm sure you can't go above 360p.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArcher
Посмотреть сообщение
Look out what are you doing with your motherboard. If the power supply doesn't have the neccessary power to feed the motherboard and its componets you may "destroy" everything inside. To answer at your 2nd question i'm sure is your power supply is the problem to your motherboard. About the 1st question don't put Win 7 no that CPU even you got 1 - 2 GB Ram inside. It might use 50% of the CPU for the main usage of the PC and about watching videos on ******* i'm sure you can't go above 360p.
LOL Windows 7 uses 50% RAM on my computer (4gb ram). I can't imagine how much RAM it will use on a computer with 1 GB...

Quote:
Originally Posted by king_hual
Посмотреть сообщение
LOL Windows 7 uses 50% RAM on my computer (4gb ram). I can't imagine how much RAM it will use on a computer with 1 GB...
My RAM usage on my PC is 55% - 60% on 1.5GB RAM. My friend who got 8GB uses 13% of RAM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by king_hual
Посмотреть сообщение
Windows 7? With Pentium 3 1 ghz? How much ram do u have?

Also, I'm not sure if you can even buy a Pentium 3 1 ghz anymore...
Ram: I haven't got any yet but I will have 2gb or 1 .

But I will see if I can get the other motherboard to run.. I think I have tested with other PSU didn't helpt I think..
But I will absolutely try again!..

Yep you can't buy Pentium 3 any more.. But if I will use that motherboard (P3) I will buy a wanged one.

Why don't you just get a dual-core processor and motherboard that supports it? They ain't THAT expensive o.o

king_hual is right. For example my old PC with a Pentium D CPU (Dual-Core) 3.40Ghz and my motherboard 775 socket i guess don't remeber exactily you're going to buy them for 80€ max.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArcher
Посмотреть сообщение
king_hual is right. For example my old PC with a Pentium D CPU (Dual-Core) 3.40Ghz and my motherboard 775 socket i guess don't remeber exactily you're going to buy them for 80Ђ max.
Thats cheap ...

I alredy have a full working pc.. But I want to build one for movies etc like a media pc.. Why I not buy?
Because I alredy have 1 motherboard and I will see if I could get it work first.. Then I maybe will buy a new one if it won't work..