What environment do use use for Web designing

What compiler or editor do u use for web designing, i use notepad, but thats such a pain in the ass, very time taking, is visual studio , dreamweaver a good idea for it? What do professionals use? because is jquery and php easily integratable and arrangable when we use them?

Notepad ++ is what I use for programming anything. It's my personal choice which can be different than yours or any others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0pAz
Посмотреть сообщение
Notepad ++ is what I use for programming anything. It's my personal choice which can be different than yours or any others.
I use Photoshop CS4 to design and then chop the main website, then I use xHTML/CSS in notepad++ to align it all and make it look pretty. For a decent design and one page it usually takes me around 10 hours though :/

Notepad++ for coding, Adobe Fireworks for designing (since your question was vague).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgon
Посмотреть сообщение
Notepad++ for coding, Adobe Fireworks for designing (since your question was vague).
Designing themes and static webpages, ofc for coding anything is fine, for designing which one is better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourceCode
Посмотреть сообщение
Designing themes and static webpages, ofc for coding anything is fine, for designing which one is better?
Depends on personal preference.

I prefer Fireworks, it's a much more dumbed down version of Photoshop.

Does anyone use normal text editor for creating templates? The divs and all are time taking and little bit confusing to do manually for themes, I'd like to do it efficietly and yeah the way most professional do so it would be beneficial in long run

Fireworks is too heavy software , why did adobe make fireworks when it had dreamweaver?

Dreamweaver isn't great for designing. Dreamweaver is a noob-friendly web page editor.

What I do is I design everything first in Fireworks, then I replicate it as much as I can in CSS/HTML, then use images when I can't, but I even go to the lengths of using CSS gradients, so it's pretty rare that I have to use images in my layouts, except for icons, in Notepad++. You usually make better designs if you actually get a chance to draft it in design software, instead of diving in straight away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgon
Посмотреть сообщение
Dreamweaver isn't great for designing. Dreamweaver is a noob-friendly web page editor.
Why would you say that O.o

@SourceCode: Dreamweaver is pretty good. You can obviously code a website anywhere as long as you know the proper methods to code so. So far I have used Dreamweaver and notepad++. I have also coded in cpanel's text editor. You can desgin websites in Photoshop it is the best software for designing webpages and stuff, so is fireworks (I havent used it much since im more into Photoshop).