Web Development Vs Software Dev

I have basic touch on both of those, But i want to master both of those, preferably Software dev because of its long term advantages, i Wish to learn both, but i guess Web development can be mastered lot faster than the latter? is it true, I wish to develop a website from scratch but I'm already into app development, what should i do first? Im going to take IT or CSC in college

Long term advantages? I think the web has more LTS than software does, because you're always going to need to update your software for future OS upgrades and different platforms. Using libraries like jQuery and others with the primary web languages is practically future-proof, especially by using HTML5 techniques.

Though, software development is a little more complex and it gives you more access to a system to do a lot more.

Jquery or ajax which is better? Even tho both are for diff purpose, ajax is too complex, i heared jquery does have functions of ajax? is it true

JQuery is a library of functions and Ajax is a dynamic way to retrieve remote information. They're two different things, although JQuery does have Ajax functions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourceCode
Посмотреть сообщение
I have basic touch on both of those, But i want to master both of those, preferably Software dev because of its long term advantages, i Wish to learn both, but i guess Web development can be mastered lot faster than the latter? is it true, I wish to develop a website from scratch but I'm already into app development, what should i do first? Im going to take IT or CSC in college
Its as simple as this: Do what you want to! I cant really say which one is faster to MASTER, but honestly this shouldnt even be a factor in your decision IMO. No can can really help you in this thread as its all dependent on what you like more.

If you were to ask which languages to learn for both, then that would be a different story. Ultimately its all up to you though :P.