Airport Wars - Player problem.

Hello,

You may already know this server from a few months / weeks ago. However, I remember the time we had 75 players online. Everybody was enjoying capturing planes and killing people. It was a hell of a fun time, until suddenly the server closed.

After a few weeks, they've re-opened the server with a mysql database, so everybody his stats got resetted. Today, we have barely players online. I am really wondering why this is. Are we doing something wrong? Or, don't know people about this server being online anymore? Or is it something else?

I don't understand it. Therefore, I'd need your help by providing us why there aren't players online.

Regards,
Nodroz
(Higher Management)

The reason is that your server suddenly closed down. And well all player stats were lost. Players fear of coming back, they maybe thinking that the server might get bugged again and close down again thus losing their hard earned stats. I guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyLilFreak
Посмотреть сообщение
The reason is that your server suddenly closed down. And well all player stats were lost. Players fear of coming back, they maybe thinking that the server might get bugged again and close down again thus losing their hard earned stats. I guess
You have a good point there and I completely understand it.

Thanks to our MySQL database we can safe user's their stats much safer than before. We also take a backup each 24h to ensure no data will be lost.

Thanks for your answer.

You should try advertising it just once. Just see if it would help out.

Advertising hardly works. Attempt on getting a small player base, make sure you've got admin control at least 50% of the day (sounds few, but it is much for a smaller server), update it frequently and last but not least, keep up the good spirit! Even though it's an "older" server, it will still look NEW to most people. And it is hard to gain players these days, most people stick to their favourite servers. But if you keep it fun for yourself, then it will be fun for others, whom will then stick to it or occassionally join. Rome wasn't built in one day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MM]IKKE
Посмотреть сообщение
Advertising hardly works. Attempt on getting a small player base, make sure you've got admin control at least 50% of the day (sounds few, but it is much for a smaller server), update it frequently and last but not least, keep up the good spirit! Even though it's an "older" server, it will still look NEW to most people. And it is hard to gain players these days, most people stick to their favourite servers. But if you keep it fun for yourself, then it will be fun for others, whom will then stick to it or occassionally join. Rome wasn't built in one day.
These are very good words. Thank you.

It's weird to say, but we have a database of almost 10 000 players. It's weird, I know.

Anyway, we will do our best for this server to get it back like it was in August, with 75 players online.

Thans for the tips!

Regards,
Nodroz

Because the management is terrible.
This server opens and closes every week and it is being run by mentally challenged teenagers.
I used to play and administrate the original Airport Wars back in the day. I know what i am talking about.

Times has changed. We now have a better management without any teenagers. We are all above 16 years.

Well, sorry i was just getting nostalgic.
But anyway, the reason why your player base is not as high as it used to is because your some players either moved on and stopped caring or just did not hear about the re-opening yet.
Sa-mp servers are not big AAA MMO's. If some server suddenly re-opens it is not going to be announced anywhere (except the website, but lets be honest people will not just go into dead websites). I am afraid your player base will only be large again after some time.

I think people just don't know it's back up, you should simply advertise.