VPS Advice

Hi all,

Planning on getting a VPS to run the server on... Came here seeking advice.
For most VPSs, I am asked to enter a domain name. The problem is that I already have a website that is hosted elsewhere. If I enter my domain, it will change the record and my website will cease to function. What do I do? Are there hosts out there that don't ask for domains?

Sinc.
JonRB
(PS. don't turn this into a host comparison thread, I'm looking for help, not a fight.)

1) Typing in a domain name won't change your records or make any affects to your current website.
2) I find domVPS.com pretty good.

hostname or domain name is not needed.
just try to put there your name,or something like that.

Thanks! Last question, how much bandwidth do I order?

How much players are you willing to host?

Use www.shakehost.com I can get you a discount.

Have like VPS.domain.com pointing to your VPS. Most of the time you need a fully qualified domain for the hostname.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrb
Посмотреть сообщение
Thanks! Last question, how much bandwidth do I order?
I would go with enough bandwith to make sure you don't have to worry about it. Think of 500gb's to about 1tb.

I use Semoweb.com I've choosen the most expensive VPS which is still only 9$
They have awesome helpdesk they respond within 1 workday and you got 1 GB Burstable Ram (Extra boost if your server is loaded over your normal ram, taken from other servers who got some left.)
I got 1.5 TB Bandwidth per month.
I do everything with it BUT I got to give you advice, these servers are running on Linux Operating Systems so that means it doesn't got a Desktop so if you buy this one you should read some Wikipedia's about Linux or CentOS or Debian or anything else.
But they are STABLE and online 24/7 and you have full control over them.
They are EXELENT.

BTW if you want to help me please PM me and I will give you a link where you can sign up (Affiliates) and every purchase makes my hosting a little lighter (I will not post it here, I already recieved a warning for Adf.ly and such).