TOO HOT

Ugh, I live in Northern Indiana, USA.. ( added that if you get confused with India). We have been having heat waves constantly. My A/C is at 70.. But I am upstairs most of the time.. only one air vent. ( Old house 1890's.) How can I make it A LOT colder without spending too much? I have a fan but it doesn't do much. It is like 80/90 up here! Is it safe to use my computers? And sleep up here? I woke up once and nearly fainted. 0_o

Thanks.

Umm not a big fan of the heat either.

In england we just open all windows turn every fan on and we dont need A/C - only in cars :P

However heres a solution move to England its been cold recently and thats by English standerds it might be like the north pole to you @)

^^ Like you going to do the above

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCube!
Посмотреть сообщение
Umm not a big fan of the heat either.

In england we just open all windows turn every fan on and we dont need A/C - only in cars :P

However heres a solution move to England its been cold recently and thats by English standerds it might be like the north pole to you @)

^^ Like you going to do the above
Know whats funny? I am from England..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haydn
Посмотреть сообщение
Know whats funny? I am from England..
Ohhh. I never read where you were from, Isn't that like STALKING you?

Plus i'm from england you are just usted to the good old english weather(Never to hot, Never to cold) either way i'm sorry if I offended you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCube!
Посмотреть сообщение
Ohhh. I never read where you were from, Isn't that like STALKING you?

Plus i'm from england you are just usted to the good old english weather(Never to hot, Never to cold) either way i'm sorry if I offended you.
How would you offend me? LOL. I didn't really like english weather. it is always gloomy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haydn
Посмотреть сообщение
How would you offend me? LOL. I didn't really like english weather. it is always gloomy.
Gloomy.. Eitherway, I personly love the english weather, It's always just the right tempeture.

Anyway back on topic.

Heres a way to get a fan to work for you.

Open a window and place the fan infront of it.

Place the fan at a angle where it can cool you and the room.

^^ little trick learned from a heatwave

EDIT:
This works best if you also have another window open to make a draft run through the room

I am in an ol' house too and I have the AC set to 72, however, it his 83 today inside my house. I have old windows which leak and need to be replaced, as well as a door that needs to have something put under it because if I stand near the door outside, I feel the cold air just pouring out!

I moved to Ohio from Florida because I can't stand hot weather... It's weird that my relatives in Florida say it's cooler there, than it is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealCop228
Посмотреть сообщение
I am in an ol' house too and I have the AC set to 72, however, it his 83 today inside my house. I have old windows which leak and need to be replaced, as well as a door that needs to have something put under it because if I stand near the door outside, I feel the cold air just pouring out!

I moved to Ohio from Florida because I can't stand hot weather... It's weird that my relatives in Florida say it's cooler there, than it is here!
My house was refinished about 5-6 years ago (when we got it) And they left one window in for some reason. It seems to have been here since the house was made. It is so thin! Like paper thin! I'm afraid it will break.

English weather always varies, it can be REALLY hot then randomly start raining.

One thing to do, just like when you play a sport like football or baseball. When in the heat limit what you drink to water with a little bit of Gatorade. I know this doesn't help with it being colder, but it will keep you hydrated and from almost passing out.