Increse internet list waiting time

Hi, at the moment it takes about 10-20 minuets to get on the internet list once you launch your server. I think the SA-MP team should increase this time to one day or more, so people who are not bothered about running a server don't get on the list.

And if you are doing maintenance on your server that doesn't involve changing IP, your server should still stay on the list for one day after it goes down. I'm basically suggesting the internet list should only update once a day for new servers.

Nice suggestion. But we'll see a lot of noobish posts "help internet list!".

I agree on this and support it. +1

Thanks for your support, anyone else?

yep good idea to wipeout those "1 hour" servers, 2 yrs ago i hosted a server at home on samp 02X, I didn't need to wait more than 20 minutes and I had about 30 players playing lol...

I agree.

I wonder if there would be a way to communicate the Game-mp database with this forums database. Game-mp would check the reputation of your username on this forum (you would need to provide the username and password at Game-mp). You must have at least 30 reputation points to purchase a listing from Game-mp for the current price. Otherwise, you need to pay double the amount per month until your reputation gets above 30. What do you think?

I support. I hate these noobs who are running LVDM (yep, who in hell wants to run LVDM) and same for Godfather server, which are most of the cases hosted at home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealCop228
Посмотреть сообщение
I agree.

I wonder if there would be a way to communicate the Game-mp database with this forums database. Game-mp would check the reputation of your username on this forum (you would need to provide the username and password at Game-mp). You must have at least 30 reputation points to purchase a listing from Game-mp for the current price. Otherwise, you need to pay double the amount per month until your reputation gets above 30. What do you think?
It's possible, but I don't think that is a good idea. And Game-MP will not work with this, I guess. Hosted list just seems like extra money to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [HLF]Southclaw
Посмотреть сообщение
Another answer is having a special type of server that can only be run from trusted hosts like ServerFFS or KingJ etc that appears in the internet list. And if a server is hosted form a home computer without this authentication, it doesn't appear in the list, and can only be accessed by IP [for private servers etc]

Don't know how that would work though, and if the method of getting the server in the list is leaked then it would be a waste of time.
Okay, nice idea. I think it would be cool if hosting companies had to register their server IP addresses with Game-mp too. If your server IP address matches one at the hosting company fine. This may be a problem for people using dedicated servers/VPS's though. What if those people could register their servers with Game-mp too, then the SA-MP team would check it out and either "OK" it or deny it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [HLF]Southclaw
Посмотреть сообщение
I think this would be good, it would definitely stop a lot of homehost servers that only run in the day time and turn off at night!
But I think there should be more restrictions for running a server really, I don't know how, if you have to apply with information of your server then you need people to read them and judge which servers are good/bad, which is a bit hard to do over the internet where no one really knows anyone if you know what I mean.

I don't think that is really the answer, because you might have a brilliant unique server script that has full potential, but never even used the SA:MP forums, that means you can't run your server.

Another answer is having a special type of server that can only be run from trusted hosts like ServerFFS or KingJ etc that appears in the internet list. And if a server is hosted form a home computer without this authentication, it doesn't appear in the list, and can only be accessed by IP [for private servers etc]

Don't know how that would work though, and if the method of getting the server in the list is leaked then it would be a waste of time.
The only allow trusted hosters would be the worst thing ever! You know there is like over 10k good vps providers in the whole world. It would be impossible to get the ip of all good hosters. Like I got one of the best vps providers in Sweden called Glesys but noone on this sa-mp forum knows that there is an hosting provider called Glesys. To then not allow my server on the Internet list just because of that would be just dumb.

Anyway back to making it harder to add servers to the hosted list. I think forcing everyone to do an simple registration will fix the problem like you need to enter Name,Country,Email,Password and then you need to wait 2 days for the account to be activated. Then you could make an limit that your server needs to be online at least 22/7 in average else it will get removed from the Internet list.

Edit: You could also make so you need like 5 in repetition to register your Internet list account. And every time you change ip on the account you need to wait 2 days for it to reactivate. On that two days the server needs to be online all the time to verify that it's not just an home hosted shit server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robanswe
Посмотреть сообщение
Anyway back to making it harder to add servers to the hosted list. I think forcing everyone to do an simple registration will fix the problem like you need to enter Name,Country,Email,Password and then you need to wait 2 days for the account to be activated. Then you could make an limit that your server needs to be online at least 22/7 in average else it will get removed from the Internet list.

Edit: You could also make so you need like 5 in repetition to register your Internet list account. And every time you change ip on the account you need to wait 2 days for it to reactivate. On that two days the server needs to be online all the time to verify that it's not just an home hosted shit server.
I Agree, thanks for your contribution. Now someone official needs to notice this topic...