Learning to Script

Hello all,

For the past few months, I have been trying to learn to script. But, it's not happening. It just doesn't stick in my head, and I don't get how people do it. I really want to learn how to script but I just can't. So, I'm just wandering if anybody could tell me how they learnt to script, and maybe give me links to the types of things they used for help.

I would really appreciate it,

Many Thanks,

Jonesy96

Read through the SA:MP Wiki, including tutorials, look up Tutorials on ******* and just start experimenting by writing small codes and test them ingame to see if they work.

learning by doing..
it can last a while but is an effective way..
Even the pro's on this forum don't know everything.. you will (nearly) never stop learning and each beginning is hard, specially when it comes to learning the scripting basics...
So just use some default scripts as example for the beginning and try to change several parts of it get what those parts actually does.
It also helps to refere to https://sampwiki.blast.hk/ .. just enter some functions or callbacks that you don't understand into the search function and then you should get a short explaination of the function

Past few months...I started yesterday, and I've made a filterscript, and a tutorial, lol.
Scripting shouldn't be hard, just stick your ass on your sit, have a bottle of water near you, and start writing.
In this case, this tutorials helped me alot :
List of guides for beginners - helped me alot, espically DeskSoft's tutorial.
Warning & Error list - helped me fix each error / warning I had.
Using zCMD & SSCANF - I didn't really understood how to use SSCANF, but yes zCMD.

Hello jonas,
If you want to learn scripting its better to begin with the basics.
On ******* there are vids about scripting and is very usefull.
And use samp wiki for the basics and other scripting tuts.
If you want know more about it or you wants help add me on skype :admigo.admigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darnell
Посмотреть сообщение
[B]Past few months...I started yesterday, and I've made a filterscript, and a tutorial, lol.
semi off, semi on-topic... (sorry for the off-topic part but I just have to mention it)

so.. yesterday eh?
forum statistics say
Код:
Total Posts: 89
Posts Per Day: 0.22

I know the join date is not that important but if you started yesterday and already hav 89 posts you should have an average of around "89" per day and not 0.22...
so yea now the on-topic part:
it doesn't help to show off with such information like "it's easy" (specially when you lied) in cases like this... he wants to learn it and making him feel more stupid than he already feels is not very productive...

I joined 2010, STARTED SCRIPTING YESTERDAY...

Please dont turn this topic into an argument Fair enough the way he said his advice wasn't the most polite way. However, some of the guides he posted are actually seeming to be useful.

Well, I'm happy that it helps you .
I'm always happy to help new scripters, espically when I'm a newbie aswell.

Well, I'm wanting to start my own roleplay server. I have found a partner who is a scripter. But I feel he has a busy life. So, If I can do some of the scripting too, it will speed things up a bit. So, I really want to learn how to script xD For a roleplay server.