What would you expect in a Race engine?

As the title says, what would you expect to be in a race engine written in (pawn).

Please give greatly your answers...

- race-checkpoints placed properly, and not too close together
- different spawnpositions around the 1st checkpoint, to not let players getting stuck
- a max player limit to avoid lag
- different vehicle models allowed (its nice to pwn a bullet with a pcj ^^)
- a countdown system that wont wait ages for a race to start when no new players join
- multiple races happening at the same time (ok i admit it: thats luxury only)
- countdown should get extended when more players are joining, to give them time to get into position (if not already done by script)
- precise counter with announcement of some players positions, or better:
- some neat textdraws to show some player positions/times - clue: Formula 1
- ability for admins to edit a race while another one is happening
- ability to jump to the last checkpoint if you screwed up your ride (explosion, drowning etc), even after death?
- a race list with a /VoteRace command maybe. so players w/o admins online can do those races they like
- eyecandy w/o any limits :P

Multiracing (more than 1 race at a time).
F1 style starting grids.
Time trials.
Circuit's.
4X4.
Race cup and trophy's.
Race betting system .
Proper race timing and records.
No damage bonuses.
Air race support.
Race builder.
Anyone can start races at anytime.(maybe floating race cp's)

- race-checkpoints placed properly, and not too close together -Good Idea
- different spawnpositions around the 1st checkpoint, to not let players getting stuck Already Planned
- a max player limit to avoid lag Already implimented, I am designing a race-making system.
- different vehicle models allowed (its nice to pwn a bullet with a pcj ^^) Look to bottom of post
- a countdown system that wont wait ages for a race to start when no new players join Suppose this could be a good idea
- multiple races happening at the same time (ok i admit it: thats luxury only) Ahem, already added
- countdown should get extended when more players are joining, to give them time to get into position (if not already done by script) Will be done
- precise counter with announcement of some players positions, or better: Will try, may get a bit buggy though but, I'll try
- some neat textdraws to show some player positions/times - clue: Formula 1 Yep.
- ability for admins to edit a race while another one is happening Wait and see
- ability to jump to the last checkpoint if you screwed up your ride (explosion, drowning etc), even after death? YES! GOOD IDEA
- a race list with a /VoteRace command maybe. so players w/o admins online can do those races they like There will be a system

@Stigg: What do you mean by 'Floating race checkpoints?'

Now to get you an idea, here are some of the define values (that can be changed obviously)

pawn Код:
#define RACE_VEHTYPE_ALL 0
#define RACE_VEHTYPE_BIKES 1
#define RACE_VEHTYPE_CONVERTIBLES 2
#define RACE_VEHTYPE_INDUSTRIAL 3
#define RACE_VEHTYPE_LOWRIDERS 4
#define RACE_VEHTYPE_OFFROAD 5
#define RACE_VEHTYPE_PUBLICSERVICE 6
#define RACE_VEHTYPE_SALOON 7
#define RACE_VEHTYPE_SPORTSCAR 8
#define RACE_VEHTYPE_WAGONS 9
#define RACE_VEHTYPE_GOLFKARTS 10
#define RACE_VEHTYPE_KARTS 11

#define MAX_LOBBIES 32 // ~
#define MAX_PLAYERS_PER_LOBBY 8 // ~
#define ENABLE_RACEMAKING_AFFECT_BY_PING // ^ - Comment this define if  you do not want the race-maker to choose a lobby that is within the ping range of the player searching for a race
#define DEFAULT_PING_RANGE 150 // ~
I am trying to go very advanced with this, so it may take quite a while.