Vehicle function ( Engine )

I'm not sure if this is mentioned before, but while fiddling around with some of the new 0.3c function's i noticed that when you toggle the vehicle's engine off you can't break ( Slow down ) the vehicle.. you would need to create an smooth transition with vehicle velocity bound to the "KEY_DOWN", and i find this pretty annoying.

Not sure if this even is an bug, but in my oppinion it shouldn't work like this.

:O You sure you aren't using any RC version? Because I can brake and steer perfectly fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garber
View Post
:O You sure you aren't using any RC version? Because I can brake and steer perfectly fine.
I'm pretty sure i downloaded the latest package, though i can steer but not brake. ( Handbrake works pretty fine though )

Yeah the original braking doesn't work so...

Weird, I can, i remember even being happy that you could so you didn't loose control completely just because the engine was shutdown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garber
View Post
Weird, I can, i remember even being happy that you could so you didn't loose control completely just because the engine was shutdown.
Can anyone else confirm that this is possible? i have not yet accomplished this.

Hmm I just tried and it didn't work :O Wow.... I was so sure. Sorry for confusing you guys.

You can handbrake, so it's okay.

Brake isn't supposed to work because reverse is the same key as brake.

The DOWN key is usually the reverse key, using the engine of the vehicle.
Using that key is like putting your own IRL vehicle in reverse and hitting the gas (don't try it IRL though as you'll probably blow up your engine).
I'm pretty sure you won't be able to use your engine to slow down, because your engine is turned off.

So it seems fine to me (just like in real life).
Handbrake is mechanical, so turning off the engine doesn't affect it.