Max objects?

What is the maximum amount of objects aloud in a GM?

((I have a streamer/GM is Vortex Edit))

The client can only handle 400 objects at a time on your game. If more than these are displayed, it will cause problems, so what object streamers do is make sure that only a maximum of 400 objects are loaded into your game at any time, which means that you won't have any problems. Technically, this means that you should be able to have an unlimited amount of objects in the game right? However, if there are too many objects within a certain distance of each other, then there will be problems.

Lets say there's 500 barrels in front of you, the object streamer won't be able to show 500 barrels. So it will (usually and logically) show the 400 barrels that are closest to you, which means that 100 of the barrels won't be viewable at all.

So technically the streamer decides how many objects you can have, generally I don't think any of them even impose a limit, they just allow you to make as many as you want, but just remember that having too many different objects in a certain space that need to be displayed all at the same time is going to cause problems.

I hope this helps!

If you're using my Vortex Roleplay script, you can use the streamer as long as you don't have 399> objects within streaming distance of each other, but you can have unlimited objects on the server (well, I say unlimited....).

Read JaTochNietDan's post for a better insight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaTochNietDan
Посмотреть сообщение
The client can only handle 400 objects at a time on your game. If more than these are displayed, it will cause problems, so what object streamers do is make sure that only a maximum of 400 objects are loaded into your game at any time, which means that you won't have any problems. Technically, this means that you should be able to have an unlimited amount of objects in the game right? However, if there are too many objects within a certain distance of each other, then there will be problems.

Lets say there's 500 barrels in front of you, the object streamer won't be able to show 500 barrels. So it will (usually and logically) show the 400 barrels that are closest to you, which means that 100 of the barrels won't be viewable at all.

So technically the streamer decides how many objects you can have, generally I don't think any of them even impose a limit, they just allow you to make as many as you want, but just remember that having too many different objects in a certain space that need to be displayed all at the same time is going to cause problems.

I hope this helps!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calg00ne
Посмотреть сообщение
If you're using my Vortex Roleplay script, you can use the streamer as long as you don't have 399> objects within streaming distance of each other, but you can have unlimited objects on the server (well, I say unlimited....).

Read JaTochNietDan's post for a better insight.
Thank you, both replies helped! Thank you