Which laptop is better?

Which laptop is better? Toshiba HP or Compaq or SamSun (I know compact is made from Hp but just vote) and why?

What are the models? we can't do anything with only the brands.

Compaq

There is absolutely no way to tell without more information explaining the specs and models of the machines. Results would also vary depending on what you are wanting to do with the machine.

However, most of the time HP would be the "better" machine since they are made for higher quality. At the same time, for the price difference between HP and Compaq, with the slight change in performance, I would just go for a rigged Compaq.

They are the same company.Hp - Compaq

Toshiba is shit tbh.

The best value for money laptops are Acer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souvlaki
View Post
They are the same company.Hp - Compaq

Toshiba is shit tbh.

The best value for money laptops are Acer
Dude stop trolling around here, you cannot base the speed of a laptop on the brands.
Just like you cannot say "Which is better Mac or Windows?", these are 2 different O.S. created for different groups of people, pick the one you like, no one is ''better''.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souvlaki
View Post
Toshiba is shit tbh.
No.

My first laptop was a Toshiba Satellite and it was probably the best running machine I have ever owned compared to my dell and compaq desktops, and my gateway laptop (which is also surprisngly great). Just because some company is not as "popular" or what have you doesn't mean their products are just as good or better.

Take my current Gateway NV Series for example. Cost $520, by far the second best computer I've ever owned. People despite it because of their lack of knowledge. I can play many games flawlessely on medium-high settings, with integrated graphics!

Don't judge a book by its cover is a saying many people need to learn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim_
View Post
Take my current Gateway NV Series for example...
Why, this is odd.

NV53 user right here. In my time of laptops I've gone through a Satellite that was fairly old, I forget the model, it was an amazing machine that had few problems (other than it being covered in paint and overspray, it was my Dad's, he paints cars), then the power supply in it randomly died, so I later got a Compaq CQ-50 and, I gotta say, it sucked balls. It was the high end model of that series and I still really disliked it, probably because it had Vista on it.. Now my current machine is the Gateway NV53_378u (it's blue if you want specifics), and it is perhaps the 2rd most efficient computer I've used in my lifetime. First being a really old Windows 98SE, my first computer, the thing was a tank in every way. But anyway, The NV series is great, even compared to current desktop machines.

Grim, explain why we both like the NV series and our first laptops were Satellites.. I truly hope this is a coincidence.

There is nothing wrong with Vista, my Satellite had it and I had encountered no problems with it. It's just a matter of how you use it. It can be used to give potentials far beyond XP in my opinion, as I'm sure 7 compared to Vista. Everything people "hated" about Vista could easily be fixed or done a different way if they took the time to research and understand why it did what it did. Sadly, people just do something without knowing why they're doing it or what it is really doing.

I will also have to say the NV series are great, lovely machines. If I ever get another laptop, it will be, unless something completely changes my mind, a Gateway or Toshiba. HP's are overpriced in my opinion, same with Dell (though not as bad).

I suppose it is a coincidence too.

Acer? No, I have one lots and lots of problems.

Buy HP, or Toshiba prob the best.

:P