nice suggestion. Mac ban

hey guys, I hope I posted this in the right spot.

A lot of people have problems with dynamic ip cheaters. They ruin the fun of other players and the admins can't really do much thing. Even range banning won't do any good in most of the cases because their entire IP gets changed. Is there a possible way to ban them by mac address or something else? That would solve this problem completely for everyone.

MAC Addresses are only used in the local network for identification, plus it's highly possible that there would be duplicate MAC Addresses around the internet, not only that but they can be spoofed easily, so it's kind of useless.

They can range ban?

yes, it's possible. but they have to come up with a sollution. if they can encrypt a code in the client when you install it, it could be used to ban the player on it. and the only way they can remove the ban is to reinstall samp. Or worse, if the code is based on systen data, removing your ban from a server would be possible only if you change the computer configuration. I think it's the best bet.

ok I agree. but it takes some time to reinstall it. Banning takes a second.
And what if the code is, like I said, based on system information, or taken from some file that belongs to gtasa?

Find other ways to frustrate persistent cheaters etc.

I try my best, but what I said above is not impossible. I am currently reseting his score and money but on the server I am on, you recover them very easy.

Freeze them, kill them, unsync them and mute them. There are some very reliable things which you can use to kill the hackers motivation. Just prevent interacting them with the server in any way, and they will loose interest. If you ban them or use any other not 100% sure method like macs, serials, etc, they will only be motivated to hack these things, as all of them can be faked in some way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaTochNietDan
Посмотреть сообщение
not only that but they can be spoofed easily.
+1 enough said.