Open Source script

How many people would be interested in a open source script?

Basically, there will be a script, anyone can download it, people will then code new features for the script which will then be added onto the main public script. If you get what I'm saying.

Basically, a community (anyone) developed script. I think the script will be either really awesome and successful or a crash CPU bitch.

I haven't thought about it 100% but I can set up a SDK system and tracker so people can submit their code which then admins/ mods/ respected coders can check the code and if valid, accept it and be added onto the next version.

Discuss.

It would end up like every other released gamemode found on these forums - Overused. Not only that, but since anyone could contribute to it, it would be the most horribly created script ever. (As far as optimization and organization)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim_
Посмотреть сообщение
It would end up like every other released gamemode found on these forums - Overused. Not only that, but since anyone could contribute to it, it would be the most horribly created script ever. (As far as optimization and organization)
What if the staff accepting or denying code that is added to the official gamemode made sure the code added was efficient enough to be used (Since we're using a tracker system, its easy to do stuff like this). Who cares if it's overused? It does no one any harm.

Yeah, the depends on how much people will just download the script and try to edit it and start their own server. Unless you already have a good player base on the official server otherwise everyone would be trying to script and adding useless shit into the script.
+1 tho.

It does however, adding another hundred empty and useless servers to SA:MP. It doesn't matter how good one specific gamemode is, if it gets overused it will no longer be worth anything.

This would be pretty dumb but maybe you could make some kind of applications thing to let scripters add things and the admins/ mods/ respected coders could check if the code is valid. This would be dumb as it spoils the whole point of having a open source script.

Well 100% mate. It's actually a smart idea to keep the script optimized. Cause without people checking whats being added to the main script, then people can add some stupid commands (exploits etc as most the SAMP community is not mature enough to be honest and humble).

My site has a good population, I don't run a SAMP server but a SAMP fan site. I think we can really make something new in the SAMP developing world.